IK Multimedia announced Miroslav Philharmonik 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Gonga wrote:I still freaking love the original. I just often get great results with it. I'm definitely interested in the new version, but when I tried to preorder it for $199, I get bumped to a page where I only have two, more expensive, options. I never did like IK's web site, but this is just weird.
When you are logged in you should be given he appropriate option based on what you already have registered. Please shoot me your registered IK user name and I'll check it out.

I'm really liking the choirs in the original, which crashes and has a sticky GUI in Yosemite on my system,...
Sure that's all solved in the new version< Sample Tank 3 free runs fine here.

The question is will presets with multiple patches (having fun with HUGE choirs) open up fine in 2? <-- This would makes sense since 2 has the same choir library, but you never know? could be some reason it isn't working...

This is a ST3 with some minor changes to the GUI. Restricted to only play the Miroslav library.

(compare its predecessor with ST2)

That's all.

btw, this thread is in the wrong forum.

TheoM wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
TheoM wrote: Ok it's probably not for me then. I am less interested in the "amount" of content and more interested in what the actual ENGINE can do to make playing with a keyboard easy and realistic sounding, as well as if the samples are dry or not. There's none of the info i am really after in this topic or the website, so i would have to literally blindly pay $200 ad not know what I am getting. I'm out. Best of luck with the release :)
The samples were recorded more neutral/dry with the intention of allowing you to use Convo Room to put them in whatever "space" you prefer. The articulation information can be found on the site at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/philharmonik2/ Hope that helps.

dry/neutral is good. I did read that page more than once and keyswitched articulations is not the info i am after (obviously it's essential for any modern orchestral library and it's good to see miroslav updated in that regard vs version 1).
The info I am after is simply not there in any way shape or form.. and sample libraries that do have magic under the hood specifically aimed at making natural sounding playing easy with keyboard, always include that info in detail. So i have to presume, simply by logical deductions, that miroslav is just very high quality samples with keyswitch patches, but in "standard sample player" format with regards to keyboard playing. It makes much more sense to go for a high end kontakt library instead at this stage with the current knowledge I have (in other words nothing of importance to the keyboardist) on MP2.
Peter, i think TheoM has in mind if how natural the samples are playedback out of the box without puting much effort, to score fast. Take a look at the video bellow it compares LA Scorring Strings and Miroslav Philharmonik 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H4REa7A7Ts
Last edited by Elektronisch on Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

^^^
Oops, missed that post, but it's too long to watch at the moment.
TheoM wrote:The info I am after is simply not there in any way shape or form.. and sample libraries that do have magic under the hood specifically aimed at making natural sounding playing easy with keyboard, always include that info in detail.
Could you, perhaps, post links to a couple of similar products that provide the sort of info that you are looking for?

But I would agree, based on the info so far the "playabililty" will be the same as is currently in ST3. Of course, the next version of ST3 with additional features could also be released in December, alongside MP2. (Warning: complete speculation)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

machinesworking wrote:The question is will presets with multiple patches (having fun with HUGE choirs) open up fine in 2? <-- This would makes sense since 2 has the same choir library, but you never know? could be some reason it isn't working...
Good question; I have asked Support about problems I have Importing ST2 Combis into ST3 (in order to replace ST2 by ST3 in some projects) but have not had a definitive answer.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:^^^
Oops, missed that post, but it's too long to watch at the moment.
TheoM wrote:The info I am after is simply not there in any way shape or form.. and sample libraries that do have magic under the hood specifically aimed at making natural sounding playing easy with keyboard, always include that info in detail.
Could you, perhaps, post links to a couple of similar products that provide the sort of info that you are looking for?

But I would agree, based on the info so far the "playabililty" will be the same as is currently in ST3. Of course, the next version of ST3 with additional features could also be released in December, alongside MP2. (Warning: complete speculation)
I just did, its above your post.

sfd wrote:This is a ST3 with some minor changes to the GUI. Restricted to only play the Miroslav library.

(compare its predecessor with ST2)

That's all.

btw, this thread is in the wrong forum.

oh well i had to go hunting for the topic. I am going to report every single topic now in the instruments forum that is sample based. Alchemy should have never been in there, nor the plethora of kontakt based instruments that appear in there unmoved, really neither should omnisphere despite it's synthesis section, it is still a 50+gb library inside.

Of course I am not going to do that, but just making a point .. feels like "anti ik" so they get moved from the main forum and other devs get a pass :roll:

Kontakt is actually a sampler. SampleTank I believe can't sample anything. It's a rompler or, if you like, a sample player.

The only special thing with the Miroslav VST is that it can only play the Miroslav sample library.

Think tape recorder that can't record and only plays Fuji tapes with The Muppets Show jingle.

I mean. Let's be fair. It's fine to promote a new sample library that people can play on SampleTank. But why this gimmic with a "dedicated" plugin whose single dedication is that it's restricted to only play a certain sample library.

Edit - looks like it is bouncing around. I'll wait until the dust settles.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

themachinelt wrote:
TheoM wrote: Peter, i think TheoM has in mind if how natural the samples are playedback out of the box without puting much effort, to score fast. Take a look at the video bellow it compares LA Scorring Strings and Miroslav Philharmonik 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H4REa7A7Ts
Oh yes I understand, was just giving him the info on how articulations work to help make it easier for a keyboard player and know he's looking for a bit more than that. Edit - seems thread is bouncing around again.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

See if I even post on a thread and it gets moved to the Samples sub-forum!

Bouncy bouncy bouncy.

I think Theo's comment on other instruments that have samples made someone reconsider...
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

bigcat1969 wrote:See if I even post on a thread and it gets moved to the Samples sub-forum!
:lol:

That's because those of us that follow you know to look in the samples area ;)

Now, this is all quite confusing so I'm going back to sleep :hihi:

Cheers!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

There is a lot of content.. but only judging because of the audio demos, it sounds a bit cheap. Not so many details and too static (is Miroslav using Round Robin)?
IMO it's more for people with a small budget and where the sound is not so important.

Return to “Instruments”