Pettinhouse releases HumbuckerGuitar 2.0

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just got mail from Andrea Pettinao (Pettinhouse), the just released his new sample set called:
HumbuckerGuitar 2.0

Now, according to both the product page and the presentation video, this is a complete new product and not just an update. Also, this will mark the beginning of new concept GUI's for future releases.

MORE INFO:
http://www.pettinhouse.com/html/hg.html

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLNC9T7YVGI

HumbuckerGuitar v1.0 users can grab it for 49USD (Upgrade)
Regular price: 79EUR (which is an absolute steal IMO)

But, there is a Black Friday sale going on over at Pettinhouse.

SOME BONUS INFO:
KONTAKT 5 is needed!

HumbuckerGuitar v1 used the "Bridge" Pickup only. This seems to still be the case, which is definitely no negative thing. Just something to look out for. v1 also used several Kontakt Presets in one Kontakt Rack. This has changed. v2 now only needs 1 Kontakt "preset" and has everything built into one GUI.

The "BYPASS" button on the GUI indicates, that all AMPs/CABINET sims can being turned off, and you can use your own tools to alter the guitar sound. This was not mentioned in the video, neither is there no manual for download (yet).

The note range of the guitar was extended to drop B tuning for solo play, and C for chords. The developer confirmed me this via mail earlier this evening.

SUMMARY - "Would you get this sampleset, Mister Fox?!"

Absolutely! HG v2.0 seems to incorporate ideas from DirectGuitar v3 and Funky Guitar with the Strumming Engine. So this is a huge step up. Also, the key switches seem to have been simplified drastically. The guitar now feel even more "playable" than "you have to further program them".

I'm a Pettinhouse user for years - and if I have the funds, I'll get my upgrade.

And maybe, we'll see a fusion of WarmJazz (Hollow Body, Neck PU) and Humbucker (Les Paul, Bridge PU) in the future? Tough I'd also love a DirectBass v3 with more than just "fingered" play. Then again, this is just the beginning of a new "engine" for Pettinhouse guitars. Who knows where this will lead us.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”