More Reason fun

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, the second piece I've finished within 2 weeks, and tenth in 2 months, probably the most musically productive period of my life, this one again using nothing but Reason, and started using Synchronous, a really cool device I can see a huge amount of potential in. I used a ton of percussion in this one, a couple of Dr. Rex with lots of modulations going on, and 2 Redrums for more conventional percussion sounds. The title, Lightness of Being, I hope reflects the spirit of the music and afdtger a lot of darker material lately, due to some terrible news I got about someone, it's almost as if I needed to write something that was a little more optomistic. Hope you enjoy it; music can sure be a saviour sometimes.

https://soundcloud.com/raven-2741/lightness-of-being

nice chill track, however.. i would double check your monitoring system as the high freq seems to dominate throughout the track.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

In a way layzer, that weas pretty intentional, related to the song's title. I wanted airiness, lightness, hence the type of programming involved with the bell-like sounds, and some of the synths sounds with high pass filters and phasing type things going on. I've got JBL LSR 305 monitors and they are pretty great monitors as reviews of them show, plus I use some good Audio-technica headhphones and my JM Lab speakers with my stereo system after I do mixes. I had to re-mix quite a few times with this for many aspects of this piece, so maybe it was just a matter of aesthetics as to why I had the upper frequencies more pronounced than you liked. I'll listen to it again and try and hear it from your note.

rockmachine wrote:I had the upper frequencies more pronounced than you liked. I'll listen to it again and try and hear it from your note.
it's not only what i like, but what the industry standard seems to agree on. i've analyzed many pro mastered tracks and they all follow a similar frequency spectrum model. i realize people like a little more bass, mids or highs in their music, but i've always felt a song should be mastered fairly evenly and tweaked by the listener to their liking.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

A good "dream away"-song. Most I like the bass-work!
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Return to “Music Cafe”