Metroscape - melodic electro (new version)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

happy new year

UPDATE: here is version2 using TAL Elektro2 for the bassline instead of Minimonsta.
https://soundcloud.com/layzerkvr/ramirez-metroscape2

A hustling bustling city tune for you.

Bass - TAL Elektro2
Pads - DuneBE
Indian FLute - KLC M1
Arps - V-Station
Drums - RMIV
FX - EXT2 sampler

enjoy!
:x
Last edited by layzer on Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Cool track! The Indian flute provides some fresh sonic interest. Some rhythmic samples remind me of Ministry's "Over the Shoulder" which is good. Other than the Minimonsta bass, which sounds a bit muffled, the sounds and mix are nice. :tu:

Frantz wrote:Cool track! The Indian flute provides some fresh sonic interest. Some rhythmic samples remind me of Ministry's "Over the Shoulder" which is good. Other than the Minimonsta bass, which sounds a bit muffled, the sounds and mix are nice. :tu:
too cool for school! (old 80's expression) :hihi:

agreed, i think i could have EQ'ed the bass a little better to bring its midrange
balance up, or stuck with my usual bass synths - Asynth, Charlatan or Elektro.

always appreciate your keen ear, Frantz ol chap! :wink:

It's the contrast between the deep filtered industrial-like synth-arpeggios and the indian flute that fascinates me. Great instrumental! :wink:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Fascinating concept. Your drum/beat elements are muffled. I think this would really come to life if you let those elements cut through and punch/click more clearly. I love adding a short white noise hit 5 ms prior to the drum hit, itself. Also, using an EQ to find and enhance the 'click' sound in your kicks, hats and snares will help.

Separately, but related, the beat could be more interesting at times. Maybe try a light moombah style galluping tom sound?

Great work

-Pade

polapade wrote:Fascinating concept. Your drum/beat elements are muffled. I think this would really come to life if you let those elements cut through and punch/click more clearly. I love adding a short white noise hit 5 ms prior to the drum hit, itself. Also, using an EQ to find and enhance the 'click' sound in your kicks, hats and snares will help.

Separately, but related, the beat could be more interesting at times. Maybe try a light moombah style galluping tom sound?

Great work

-Pade
thanks for commenting. i have to disagree about the drum/beat. you should look into calibrating your moniotoring system. on decent headphones it does not sound muffled at all, the military snare, occasional closed hats and crash provides more than enough crispness to the mix. and i prefer the soft attack of a synthetic 808 type kick to that of a real clicky acustic kick.
Last edited by layzer on Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

enroe wrote:It's the contrast between the deep filtered industrial-like synth-arpeggios and the indian flute that fascinates me. Great instrumental! :wink:
glad you enjoyed it, sir. :D

viva la v-station! :hihi:

I see you have recently got hold of DuneBE. The pads sound very good here, and have a different character to the hardware that you regularly use. Not better or worse, just different. I liked the "Lion King" percussion too :wink:

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:I see you have recently got hold of DuneBE. The pads sound very good here, and have a different character to the hardware that you regularly use. Not better or worse, just different. I liked the "Lion King" percussion too :wink:

yes, DuneBE is a nice, thick sounding plugin with its FAT oscillators, unison and deep modulation matrix. i used it with some TAL chorusLX and freeverb impulser3 reverb here. I just uploaded a new version using TAL's free Elektro2 VA synth doing the bassline. it has a great pitch envelope that let me give the bass a good punchy attack. thanks for listening and commenting as always, Tim :D

Wow! Great melodies and the bassline is a killer! Good sounds too. Mix was balanced.

I like the bass on the new version. Very solid. :tu:

Hezekiel wrote:Wow! Great melodies and the bassline is a killer! Good sounds too. Mix was balanced.
thank you, Hez... may i call you Hez? as i preach all over this forum, mix balance across the frequency spectrum is #1 importance in my mastering , more important than trying to be "louder" than the other guy. anyone can go eardrum busting loud with their volume control if they want. but the tone balance should be flat as a starting point before they reach for the high, mid, low controls on their stereos. my theory anyway. :phones:

Very nice and well balanced tune.
Great stuff!

Enjoying the sounds used and the composition layzer! The new bass pumps nicely. The swirling pad sounds great. Overall a very busy bustling track. Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

I think Frantz called this right. The bass sounds much tighter than my recollection of last week's listening experience, although my memory is not to be trusted at this time of night.

Return to “Music Cafe”