Tone2 will release Icarus - 3D WaveTable Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elevation for Icarus Icarus3

wagtunes wrote:
pdxindy wrote:Ouch! You cannot set LFO's to re-trigger or not re-trigger?
Nope. If you set it to mono and play legato, it will keep cycling, but that's it. There is no true no retrigger mode.
If you go to "Setup" (in the Matrix section) there are three options for the Arp/LFO Sync (upper right of the setup parameters). There is also an "Arp/LFO Free" mode. Could this help?
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
pdxindy wrote:Ouch! You cannot set LFO's to re-trigger or not re-trigger?
Nope. If you set it to mono and play legato, it will keep cycling, but that's it. There is no true no retrigger mode.
If you go to "Setup" (in the Matrix section) there are three options for the Arp/LFO Sync (upper right of the setup parameters). Could this help?
Here's the problem with that. It's global. If you set it to free, it makes everything run free. What if you want your ARP to retrigger on every new note (common for blues progressions) but want the LFO to run free? You can't do it.

Each LFO needs to be able to be set to run retrigger or no retrigger on its own independent from everything else.

It's been a long day and I'm not sure I undesrtood what you're looking for, but it seems to me that you could obtain that by simply using an LFO/sine whatever - say, 32hz - as modulator and the WAV control as destination. That should get you what you want, as that lfo will keep cycling independently and you can have a different one for every oscillator.

Im the tone2 synths there are a large number of additional free running lfos available as matrix source. They are calles 'sine X HZ' or 'lfo X Hz.

Does someone know if the galbanum waveforms work with icarus?

Mac of BIOnighT wrote:It's been a long day and I'm not sure I undesrtood what you're looking for, but it seems to me that you could obtain that by simply using an LFO/sine whatever - say, 32hz - as modulator and the WAV control as destination. That should get you what you want, as that lfo will keep cycling independently and you can have a different one for every oscillator.
That's what I'm doing but every time you hit a new note, the LFO goes back to the beginning of the phase. It doesn't continue cycling free form.

Uhmm... that's not the way it works at all, it does keep cycling... let me check, though.

OK, I checked, they are free running, you must be doing something wrong...

Try this, I simply asigned it to volume

Damn, it didn't upload, I'm trying again

flakes2 wrote:Im the tone2 synths there are a large number of additional free running lfos available as matrix source. They are calles 'sine X HZ' or 'lfo X Hz.

Does someone know if the galbanum waveforms work with icarus?
Okay, it's a start. It doesn't provide the fine speed control as with the main LFOs but it's better than nothing.

How the heck do I upload a file here? never mind, I'll try sending it to you with a PM

OK, from your last message, I see you got it anyway :)

Mac of BIOnighT wrote:How the heck do I upload a file here? never mind, I'll try sending it to you with a PM
I don't think you can upload here... you upload elsewhere and link it here

It's funny, if you use the full editor it does say "upload attachment", lets you browse your computer for it, appears to have added the file, but the file just doesn't show up :-/
Last edited by Mac of BIOnighT on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The installer and vst software deletes pirate keys. Behind your back.

Return to “Instruments”