Music in the Castle of Heaven

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/chameleon-music/ ... -of-heaven

A piece created for the 'Cities and Memory' site run by Stuart Fowkes.

Everything in my track comes from this original field recording:
https://soundcloud.com/chameleon-music/ ... ce-by-bach

The opening motif was created from three short audio snippets - time-stretched, re-pitched and generally mangled in some of Reaktor 5’s granular ensembles. The rippling pad that enters later is actually the complete original track processed through the granular capabilities of Reaktor 5.

As well as internal effects within Reaktor, Camel Audio’s ‘Camel Space’ was used extensively as a multi-effects unit and the whole track was mastered using Izotope Ozone 4.

The title of my re-imagined version comes from the book of the same name by John Eliot Gardiner – a study of JS Bach.

Very 'other world'. Love those sweeping pads :)
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

I haven't listened yet. I've been listening to the original field recording. Lovely stuff.

Almost haunting, it's like that moment between dream and wakefulness, I don't know, it might not be an actual "moment" but sometimes it seems like one. Thanks for sharing your music!

@folderol:

Thank you....'otherworld' is definitely what I was aiming for!

@seismic1:
It is a very good field recording, but I take no credit for it... it's by Stuart Fowkes from 'Cities and Memory'

@Codestation:
"that moment between dream and wakefulness"...I may have to use that in a future description...perfect!

Definitely haunting, especially the opening 40 seconds. That part reminds me of some of the sounds used in the opening to Rubycon. I love the phaser effect on the pad. There's a touch of the Alan Zavod work with Jean-Luc Ponty in the late '70s. The music and title are certainly appropriate to each other.

Good work :)

@seismic1:

Thanks for the feedback Tim...

Hadn't listened to Rubycon, (or any other TD), for a few years, but having dug out my old vinyl yet again, I can hear what you mean...always more than happy to be compared with Edgar Froese and co! :0)

That first 40 seconds or so has actually been saved separately as well because I liked it so much...I intend to use it as the start of a much more expansive track at some point.

Zavod and Ponty are not names that I know very well at all, but I'm about to have a listen! Thanks for that.

Return to “Music Cafe”