will we likely be gratified of a "Valhallaspring" plugin in the future ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The title sais all, i assume it would be relevant as a marketing strategy to submit a plugin based on spring models that is, as far as i can judge, perfectly in the ballpark of Sean Costello

or..?

:)

I don't really care for spring verbs to be honest. Love to see the Valhalla take on tape/space echo/delays though.
That said, I look forward to anything he decides to make.

i agree at a certain degree but it just seems a logical sequel in regard to what's already been released !

BDeep wrote:I don't really care for spring verbs to be honest. Love to see the Valhalla take on tape/space echo/delays though.
Either one would be great to see from Valhalla! (tape delay/spring reverb)

BDeep wrote:I don't really care for spring verbs to be honest. Love to see the Valhalla take on tape/space echo/delays though.
This. In large cavernous reverb-drenched amounts.

Heartfeltdawn wrote:
This. In large cavernous reverb-drenched amounts.
ValhallaAutumn :violin:

Real spring reverb sounds great on guitar (Deluxe Reverb) but digital spring reverb on digital synths... Nah. I much prefer vast, lush otherworldly reverb in the digital world... Which Valhalla have nailed already :)

Something I've always wanted (and I may be alone here ha-ha) in my everyday audio toolbox is a nice generic/all purpose kind of reverb (nothing all that special really, but at least slightly above average on the payware level, think = any 'worth it' $49-$99 reverb plug-in sound) with a bit of stereo enhancement built in. So really, a subtle chorus w/a generic reverb that's ez to use (meaning not a ton of controls and options) that doesn't color up the track and throw it sideways to smother the mix. I know it doesn't seem like much to want, but I've tried several (payware even) multi-fx before that could do it, but they just sucked, for lack of a better more specific way o'describing the results. :hihi:

So if Mr. Costello is looking for a challenge, perhaps that is something to add to the list. As I'm sure it's not above his capabilities, were he inspired or motivated by a new or novel concept about how to accomplish it. :)

spring reverb sounds good on vocals if you set it up in a mid side matrix

You can't beat the sound of a spring reverb on a snare or Timbale in Dub or Reggae. Simply awesome.

A Valhalla Dub pack comprising a Spring Reverb and Tape delay would lose me $100 before you can say irie! :)

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

Perimeter Sound wrote:Something I've always wanted (and I may be alone here ha-ha) in my everyday audio toolbox is a nice generic/all purpose kind of reverb (nothing all that special really, but at least slightly above average on the payware level, think = any 'worth it' $49-$99 reverb plug-in sound) with a bit of stereo enhancement built in. So really, a subtle chorus w/a generic reverb that's ez to use (meaning not a ton of controls and options) that doesn't color up the track and throw it sideways to smother the mix. I know it doesn't seem like much to want, but I've tried several (payware even) multi-fx before that could do it, but they just sucked, for lack of a better more specific way o'describing the results. :hihi:

So if Mr. Costello is looking for a challenge, perhaps that is something to add to the list. As I'm sure it's not above his capabilities, were he inspired or motivated by a new or novel concept about how to accomplish it. :)
You said generic reverb, and this one is a spring-specific, but may fit your needs. http://aegeanmusic.com/spirit-reverb It seemed to get good reviews when it was originally announced.

MogwaiBoy wrote:Real spring reverb sounds great on guitar (Deluxe Reverb) but digital spring reverb on digital synths... Nah. I much prefer vast, lush otherworldly reverb in the digital world... Which Valhalla have nailed already :)
a)

"Real spring reverb" vs. "digital spring reverbs":

Either you are interested in virtual emulations of electro acoustic devices or you are not. There is no systematic difference between a spring reverb emulation and a plate reverb emulation. But this is a more philosophical issue/topic anyway. If we talk about a potential Valhalla spring reverb we assume the emulation will be spot on.

b)

Spring reverbs on Keyboards? Hell yes! That's what it was first used on.

http://www.accutronicsreverb.com/main/? ... 03_01.html

But it's not just very common on t(cl)onewheel organ... also the Fender Rhodes was originally typically sent through a Twin Reverb.

http://www.fenderrhodes.com/pianos/amp.html

And on string machines? For sure! The Eminent 310 for example had one built-in.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/may07/a ... ent310.htm

Yadda yadda.

When I record one of my multi keyboards I always have the spring reverb pulled up by some healthy amount (they all have on included) and then still add reverb to it in the box (now usually either V³ or V Plate)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: But it's not just very common on t(cl)onewheel organ
Don't tell that to anyone who has ever used a Hammond C/B/RT 3 with the original PR40 tone cabinet (yes, back in the days when Hammond refused to associate their organs with that new-fangled Leslie cabinet thing ;) ). The PR40 had a built-in spring reverb, as do practically all the Hammonds with built-in speakers. Even their "space-design" X66 had a spring reverb.
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

Tried to ask Sean -- got no answer :)

Going to buy if there would be a chance. Altho may be spring revers unlike plate and not company direction/Sean's cup of tea.
Murderous duck!

i would extend the idea to other concept in marketing strategy

why not :

- valhallatape (or -tapedelay)
- vahallataps (or -multitap)

:wink:

and perhaps :

- valhallapitch (all kind of delayed or not pitch transposition from chorus to complex harmonies)
- valhallagate (gate reverb, reverse gate and other non-linear thingy, though übermod does already a good job on that area)

Return to “Effects”