Noise Generator

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys
I would like to have a noise generator with phase retrig option ,I do not know if this can be added in future updates,usually I get this using the sampler as noise source but if anyone can help me I would like to know if there a correct way to use an oscillator as a noise generator?
I tried different combinations but the results are not the best.

Edit:
I decided to share the result of my crazy experiments if anyone is interested this is the patch
There is also a version with a bit of modulators :)
if you want to use as a normal synth disable the oscillator aips and switch off the amp distortion etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Taifunk on Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't get it, what's wrong with the Noise Generator module?

Hi Jo ,thanks for reply
there is nothing wrong with noise generator ,all the noise generators are free run and I know it's a strange request but few synth have an option to reset/retrig the start phase of the noise generator and I find this useful for drum patches to make static sounds like samples.
oscillators have the retrig/phase offset option and I loaded a noise wavetable and tried some combinations with filters and distortion but of course the result is a little weird but interesting.
forgive me for my strange requests :)

Well i think that solution indeed is to use a Sample Player module and load a noise sample in it. That way it will always start with the same noise phase.

I thought the point of noise is that it was random and not reproducible. :shrug:
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Thanks Jo , I do not want to waste your time use the sample player is the best solution to achieve this :tu:

syntonica wrote:I thought the point of noise is that it was random and not reproducible. :shrug:
True mine is a pointless random question :hihi:

I've updated the post to share this unnecessary patch :hihi:

Return to “MUTOOLS”