Hyakken is the HY dev !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Halma wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:47 am
briefcasemanx wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 am RPE-2 is almost the perfect substitute for Reasons Drum Sequencer except it has less flexibility for polyrhythms. I wonder if there is a simple way they could make it so you could make each instrument not play the full 32 steps per pattern. Like if I could type in 31 into a field or knob on the hi hat channel and the hi hat would repeat one step before the other tracks.

Or just pull a tab like the reason Drum Sequencer. The tab could be on the lights that light up to show what step each track is on.
I think this could be easily done in the Euclidian View.

If you want to do it in the Grid Sequencer I am not quite sure how to do it that easy because there are so many options altering stuff but I have attached a screenshot where you could try different settings (all yellow markers).

I am just fairly new to them so I have no indepth knowledge I can share but those would be the first things I would try.
I don't want euclidean though, I want to control every hit rather then subdivide hits equally euclidean style.

Just trying out HY-RPE2, which is excellent fun. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to trigger it via note (and turn off via note off) rather than having it synced to the DAW's playback though?

With HY-RPE2 you can mute and solo tracks using the midi note map but you cannot start and stop the sequencer via midi note. HY-MPS2 and the HY-SeqCollection2 can be triggered on/off via midi note, either note on -> start sequencer + note on -> stop sequencer style or play sequencer while note is held. HY-SeqCollection2 additionally has a mode to step through sequencer steps one by one when a note is received. HY-SEQ32 cannot be on/off triggered via midi note.

A comprehensive answer! Thanks very much :)

SeqCollection2's capabilities sound great, but it was mainly the expanded Euclidean thing I was after really.

Hot off the press, it's HY-Filter 4:
filter4_cover2.jpg
Big up to Tadashi. And it's a free update from HY-Filter 2 or 3. I feel almost guilty, his upgrade plans are very generous.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

looks great. so stoked on the free update for existing users. :)

Jonathan Shepherd wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:30 pm Hot off the press, it's HY-Filter 4:
filter4_cover2.jpg
Big up to Tadashi. And it's a free update from HY-Filter 2 or 3. I feel almost guilty, his upgrade plans are very generous.
Very cool filter! I am playing around with the free version and feature wise it is very generous. Thanks HY! Would be cool to have a freq readout on the cutoff knob.

This is not just a filterplugin but a greatsounding modular multifx for a (someone used this word before) generous price. Thanks Tadashi. :tu:
The average bored guy

thanks HY!
really good design sound lab this new Filter4!

His UIs are improving really well. Yeah, it's going the multi fx route, also experimental route, UVI shade comes to mind. If I were Tadashi I'd also try to put more marketing (e.g. presets, UI?) into the classical filtering people. Those ones who do no crazy things, just HP/LP, but are after the best sounding filters. Hrhr, just add wooden borders and then you have all the "analog sound" people on board.:D

tapiodmitriyevich wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:34 am Hrhr, just add wooden borders and then you have all the "analog sound" people on board.:D
they will only complain about the flat UI. best leave them be.

Filter4 is impressive. I just picked it up, here is my first edited factory patch.

https://youtu.be/L077rjDM6Fw

The filter plugin looks great but the demo has a full minute of silence every couple of minutes which makes it very difficult to demo.

New updates. https://hy-plugins.com/plugin-update-12/
His download links do not work mostly for me in Brave/Chrome. Had to look into pages "source code" (search for .exe)

Return to “Effects”