Saving the wav samples within the patch

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

How can I save the preset with all the samples using the All Drum patches ?, I'm saving the preset name now, but the samples are static located in my external hard drive, someone know if there's a way to save the preset and the samples within , so I can move the folder whatever I want ?, if can help me on this , I will very appreciate, thanks guys! :pray:

You need to create a folder to put all the drum samples in to go with the mux, here's what I just did, a bit long winded but it worked...

1. Create a new 'All Drums' folder.

2. Go to App/ Library/ Sample and copy the 'Drums folder' into the folder you just made.
While you are in that Sample folder, rename the original Drums folder to something else (this is a temporary measure), this will make sure the mux asks you to locate the samples.

3. Now load the 'All Drums' mux and it should ask you to locate one sample from each of the drum folders, make sure you point it to your new 'Drums' folder and the associated folders within it.

4. Once you know its working, Save As into your new folder.

5. To be sure it's all ok you could try loading that mux into another rack slot, if it loads ok then goto step 6

6. Go back and rename the original 'Drums' folder from step 2

Hope I didnt miss anything out
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Indeed when you want to have a solid link for the used samples in a MUX patch, the principle is that these samples need to be in the same folder or a sub-folder as the MUX file before the MUX patch is saved. Then upon saving the MUX will use a file reference relative to the MUX file. So then it's easy to move MUX file + sub-folder together (eg. share a preset via a zip file) as thanks to the relative file reference, the reference will stay valid.

Return to “MUTOOLS”