Experiment: MXXX "EQ_Sat_QE"

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MXXX

Here's something I put together in MXXX, inspired by a video tutorial in cm228 "Distortion Secrets".

Essentially it allows me to cut some frequencies using an EQ then to boost them by the same amount after applying other FX. Handy if the intermediate FX would get overloaded by the audio. The screenshot shows the Easy mode front panel and the 'before' and 'after' floating EQ displays.

Image >>> http://i.imgur.com/XqLc1nh.png

UnZip the attached ZIPped preset and Import it into MXXX - I've used the Saturator in the presets but you could add others.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DarkStar on Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I've added in a MultiAnalyzer to show the overall effect. The link above has been updated.

PS What is the best way to prevent an audio stream being sent to the output (I added Utility modules with the volume set to 'silence').
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: PS What is the best way to prevent an audio stream being sent to the output (I added Utility modules with the volume set to 'silence').
Just click the number of the lane (e.g. the '6' button on lane six). It'll disable the output. You can lose the utility module.

PS. I made almost exactly what you made in the past too, it's pretty useful!
Last edited by vectorwarrior on Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

double post :(

vectorwarrior wrote:
DarkStar wrote: PS What is the best way to prevent an audio stream being sent to the output (I added Utility modules with the volume set to 'silence').
Just click the number of the lane (e.g. the '6' button on lane six). It'll disable the output. You can lose the utility module.

PS. I made almost exactly what you made in the past too, it's pretty useful!
Nope, I had tried that - it deletes the input to that column too. What I am after is a way to drive the MAnalyzers without getting any output from them. Lane 1 only is the desired output
Inspired by ...

Ah yeah, i forgot you wanted to keep the input to the analyzer. An alternative is to use the channel matrix instead of a utility, just disable both channels. Probably uses less CPU. That's the best I got.

Place mixer in lane 4 at the very bottom. Right click and select steal the input of 5 and 6.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

No need ... I was over-complicating things:

Image >>> http://i.imgur.com/rHNYcOk.png
Inspired by ...

Return to “MeldaProduction”