Help and cooperation needed - I sing out of tune...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I'm sketching on a new song - so far based on upright bass, clickety-click beats and my autotuned vocals.

I would love to get someone else to sing on this song - as I have rather big issues with my own vocals. Have a listen at the sketch - download it - and record your version of the vocal. Then drop me a line on how I can obtain the file (preferably in mp3 192/44.1).

Complete info can be found in this document.

Looking forward to your help and cooperation.

edit... (new link)

Download version without vocals here if it's easier to sing along to...

Cheers,
Mikael
Last edited by Lo Fi Massahkah on Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lo Fi Massahkah wrote:Hello,

I'm sketching on a new song - so far based on upright bass, clickety-click beats and my autotuned vocals.

I would love to get someone else to sing on this song - as I have rather big issues with my own vocals. Have a listen at the sketch - download it - and record your version of the vocal. Then drop me a line on how I can obtain the file (preferably in mp3 192/44.1).

Complete info can be found in this document.

Looking forward to your help and cooperation.

Cheers,
Mikael
Hehe - I been to Malmo before.. :) Colder than a witch's.... er...

Do I have to sing in Swedish? How about if my voice is knida like a cross between Tom Waits and Johnny Cash on speed? :lol:

Nice tune btw... :) But, can you provide just the music track? it makes it easier to add a vocal - or did you want someone to sing along with you on it? :?
Last edited by xander on Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hey Xander,

Right now Malmö is sunny and 16-18 degrees celsius - not quite cold as a witches ass.

The lyrics are in english, and I like both Cash and Waits. I'd be thrilled if you went for it!

Cheers,
Mikael

Lo Fi Massahkah wrote:Hey Xander,

Right now Malmö is sunny and 16-18 degrees celsius - not quite cold as a witches ass.

The lyrics are in english, and I like both Cash and Waits. I'd be thrilled if you went for it!

Cheers,
Mikael
But, can you provide just the music track? it makes it easier to add a vocal - or did you want someone to sing along with you on it? 8)

I'll post a version with just the music if that makes it easier to sing along. Hang on...

Done!

Download version without vocals here

Cheers,
Mikael

Lo Fi Massahkah wrote:I'll post a version with just the music if that makes it easier to sing along. Hang on...

Done!

Download version without vocals here

Cheers,
Mikael
OK - good. Give me until tomorrow afternoon my time. It's evening now here in work-aholic Japan and my gf is asleep. Can you imagine Tom Waits screaming into a mic in your 20x20 apartment while you're sleeping? :lol:

But I will do it. Also, someone else may want to do it now if they can and you're in a hurry.

Also, what host are you using? Or is it a live recording? Can it export 32bit wav files? And btw - you're voice isn't all that bad! 8)

Anyway, got me a new mic I wanna check out, so it's a good opportunity for me. Make sure the email in your profile is working & I'll let you know :)

Yeah - I actually had a fantastic time in Malmo a few years back. Took the ferry over from Copenhagen at around 8:00am one moring - drinking 'Akvavit' all the way! :lol: Would't mind being there now actually. 8)

Well, unfortunately the ferry's been taken out of business since they built the bridge. But you can still get Akvavit!

I'm not in a hurry in any way - although I'd like if more people gave it a shot. Maybe a great big, happy co-op!

Cheers,
Mikael

Lo Fi Massahkah wrote:Well, unfortunately the ferry's been taken out of business since they built the bridge. But you can still get Akvavit!

I'm not in a hurry in any way - although I'd like if more people gave it a shot. Maybe a great big, happy co-op!

Cheers,
Mikael
:shock: They built a bridge?? :-o

Jeez - I really liked that ferry - especially first class and all that lovely coffee and pastry (and akvavit)...

Well, I suppose people gotta get wherever in a hurry these days... :roll:

Yo! Some of you peeps jump in here and put on a vocal to this man's work!!!
:)

I sing out of tune...
Wear a flimsy outfit and playback your shows.
Works for Britney

I don't have the girlish looks to take away the attention from my music, though...

/Mikael

Return to “Music Cafe”