Signalizer: Sidechaining update! Open-source & free audio visualization plugin (v. 0.4.3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mayae wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:22 pm
Naenyn wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:21 am Mayae, I was wondering if you could share a roadmap for Signalizer?
Hey. I don't really have a formal roadmap, just an endless list of suggestions (thanks!) I vaguely sort by feasibility+requests / how sucky it is to implement.
Thank you for the response, info, and update! I’m looking forward to seeing where you take the plug-in. It really is very useful. It is my go-to scope.

Keep up he great work! It is definitely appreciated. :clap:

Mayae wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:22 pmAre you dragging in Reapers window, or inside the signalizer viewport? Try the small section at the bottom right.
Ah, works, thx. This is by no means obvious, a small visuall glitch... because this small bottom right "triangle" which we know from resizable plugins, is not visible here. It appears while I drag, then disappears.

While we're at the resizing in Reaper (Win10), the Signalizer window seems to have a maximum hight which it always keeps resetting to, everytime I switch the view to another plugin in the chain and back to Signalizer.
My screen has 1440 pxls and I would like to keep the Signalizer at full size,
but when I switch the view to another plugin and back it resizes back to this:
That is a bit anoying, otherwise I'd say this would be the best analyzer there is.

Besides that, the only feature I'm missing is the cursor tracker (showing the frequency and a corresponding note) in the spectrum. I imagine this wouldn't be too hard to make?

and big thanks for this great tool! :D

Hi guys! Great piece of software here! I wanted to know if there's a stable way of making the time window longer than 1s, thx for your time :)

Granata wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:58 pm While we're at the resizing in Reaper (Win10), the Signalizer window seems to have a maximum hight which it always keeps resetting to, everytime I switch the view to another plugin in the chain and back to Signalizer.

Besides that, the only feature I'm missing is the cursor tracker (showing the frequency and a corresponding note) in the spectrum. I imagine this wouldn't be too hard to make?

and big thanks for this great tool! :D
No problem! I'll look into the reaper thing. The spectrum has a cursor tracker, try the options in the dropdown on the first settings page called "Frequency tracker". Or perhaps you meant the spectrogram mode? It's not yet available there.
O Caiçara wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:20 am Hi guys! Great piece of software here! I wanted to know if there's a stable way of making the time window longer than 1s, thx for your time :)
Thanks. In the main settings page (the cogwheels all to the left) you can change "History size" to be larger than 1000 milliseconds.

Doesn't load in Renoise under Linux:

Code: Select all

Instantiate FAILED (failed to open the DLL: '/home/xxx/.vst/signalizer/Signalizer.so: undefined symbol: FT_New_Memory_Face')

dvd98 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:45 pm Doesn't load in Renoise under Linux:

Instantiate FAILED (failed to open the DLL: '/home/xxx/.vst/signalizer/Signalizer.so: undefined symbol: FT_New_Memory_Face')
I'll be sure to check this out, thanks. Freetype shouldn't be required.

I'm trying the 64-bit VST3 on macOS 12.3 in Bitwig 4.2.2 and am seeing this:

com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: Not a plug-in file
Look familiar to anyone?

Would love to try this. Everyone speaks so highly of it!

..unfortunately

com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.
CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: 
Failed to load VST 2 plug-in /home/xxx/.vst/Signalizer Linux VST 0.3.2/Signalizer.so:
 /home/xxx/.vst/Signalizer Linux VST 0.3.2/Signalizer.so: undefined symbol: 
snd_pcm_hw_params_test_rate
Linux mint 20.3

Naenyn wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:47 pm I'm trying the 64-bit VST3 on macOS 12.3 in Bitwig 4.2.2 and am seeing this:

com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: Not a plug-in file
Look familiar to anyone?
I haven't tested bitwig, I'll make sure to do that for next release.
mais wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:28 pm Would love to try this. Everyone speaks so highly of it!

..unfortunately

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception</span>.
CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: 
Failed to load VST 2 plug-in /home/xxx/.vst/Signalizer Linux VST 0.3.2/<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">Signalizer.so</span>:
 /home/xxx/.vst/Signalizer Linux VST 0.3.2/<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">Signalizer.so</span>: undefined symbol: 
snd_pcm_hw_params_test_rate
Linux mint 20.3
The linux build was a bit botched last time around and wasn't properly linked, in that case to alsa. There's a PR to properly link these from a build: https://bitbucket.org/Mayae/signalizer/ ... er.cbpT122

but got stalled because I wanted to change the build system as well, to get rid of code blocks dependency.

This is THE best Oscilloscope. I have always wanted one like this one.
i'm on Win10 64 and in wavelab 10 Signalizer doesnt appear in the list. I have tried putting it in the 3 main places the plugins appear. Suggestions?

I use it in Ableton 11 just wonderful :tu: | you really made a masterpiece, so classy so beutiful. all the other ones are so ugly and stiff with stupid graphics everywhere its just inconceivable

so glitchy in ableton live 11 (when moving knobs), will try updating graphic drivers but they shouldn't be that old as I have just installed win 11
also can't make oscilloscope sync when there is lots of latency plugins, isn't "trigger phase" supposed to let me allign my kick to be exactly on start position? instead it is somewhere in the middle because of latency
really would like to use this one as it looks great, behaves weird tho

when i press the little 4 arrows button it collapses it to just the top bar, i thought it would make it full screen? is not so?

still its the best i am able to watch Oscilliscope in ableton, which really just lets me feel the mixes before exporting. I love to watch the wave it relaxed my mind and provides a non intrusive feedback while feeling it. i just stretch her to cover most of the screen when open. appreciate your work.

Dmyra wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:30 pm This is THE best Oscilloscope. I have always wanted one like this one.
i'm on Win10 64 and in wavelab 10 Signalizer doesnt appear in the list. I have tried putting it in the 3 main places the plugins appear. Suggestions?

I use it in Ableton 11 just wonderful :tu: | you really made a masterpiece, so classy so beutiful. all the other ones are so ugly and stiff with stupid graphics everywhere its just inconceivable
Thank you! That's weird since it works in Ableton, I will have to test wavelab.
ssl4000 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:08 pm so glitchy in ableton live 11 (when moving knobs), will try updating graphic drivers but they shouldn't be that old as I have just installed win 11
also can't make oscilloscope sync when there is lots of latency plugins, isn't "trigger phase" supposed to let me allign my kick to be exactly on start position? instead it is somewhere in the middle because of latency
really would like to use this one as it looks great, behaves weird tho
I actually just moved to Windows 11 and Ableton 11. I see exactly what you mean, that's weird! It has to do with vertical sync - if you set it to anything but 1, the laggy knobs goes away. It's interesting, most likely a sort of driver interference that's new on this combination. It also only happens in Ableton 11, not any other DAW or version of Ableton.

I will have to debug this further. The triggering phase only has an effect in combination with spectral triggering, it specifies a cycle offset in a periodic signal, not a transient one.
Dmyra wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:16 pm when i press the little 4 arrows button it collapses it to just the top bar, i thought it would make it full screen? is not so?

still its the best i am able to watch Oscilliscope in ableton, which really just lets me feel the mixes before exporting. I love to watch the wave it relaxed my mind and provides a non intrusive feedback while feeling it. i just stretch her to cover most of the screen when open. appreciate your work.
I'm happy to hear you're finding it useful, for work and for the soul :) The 4 arrows definitely should make it go full screen, do you not see a separate window pop up (perhaps it's hidden behind you DAW)?

Ableton Live 11 on it's own has a slower GUI response than Live 10. Both in Windows and OSX, multiple OS versions, so there's something going on with the display.
Wouldn't surprise me if Signalizer somehow suffers too from whatever Ableton did in 11.

Return to “Effects”