Is This Possible?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like the phrases idea but I was wondering if you can combine two or more phrase rhythms together to get a totally new phrase based on probability?

Like if one phrase has a rhythm that lands on beat 1, beat 2 and beat 3. Then I have another phrase that lands on beat 1, beat 3 and beat 4. The end result phrase will have a 100% chance of landing on 1, a 50% chance of beat 2, a 100% chance of 3 and a 50% chance of 4. Then you can add maybe like 3 more phrases to make it even more realistic.

Right now I use a tool called MIDIRandomizer for this and I have to enter the percentages manually, but if this software has this capability it would be great! I'm assuming it would be a lot of work though.

Very interesting thought!
I am still thinking where and how this could be added in RapidComposer. Maybe a new rhythm generator could be created where you could drop several phrases and rhythms, and it will combine them.

The probabilistic rhythm generator works similarly, by having percentages on beats, and the 'Randomness' slider makes the distribution even if needed.

Welcome to this forum! :)
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote:Very interesting thought!
I am still thinking where and how this could be added in RapidComposer. Maybe a new rhythm generator could be created where you could drop several phrases and rhythms, and it will combine them.

The probabilistic rhythm generator works similarly, by having percentages on beats, and the 'Randomness' slider makes the distribution even if needed.

Welcome to this forum! :)
Attila
oh wow, thanks for the quick response! I don't know how many people would benefit from it but a rhythm generator like that would be exactly what I'm looking for. Hope something similar could be implemented in future updates!

In the phrase container gen.. you could add a rhythm combiner, similar to the phrase combiner.

Yes, good idea, interesting thought, although this is different from what KeepInTouch suggested which is strictly rhythm only.
It would be interesting to use randomly selected notes from a list of phrases, thus making a new phrase. E.g. when multiple notes begin at beat 1, you choose one randomly. If there is only one note at beat 2, that will be used. Maybe polyphony could be specified. I added this to the to-do list for cold winter days :)
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”