Looking for some feedback on my new song please!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone, my name is J.C. Ruminski and I'm a multi-instrumentalist specializing in keyboards who lives in Portland, OR. I just finished this song today called, "partial recall" and am desperately seeking any and all feedback on it. How do the levels sound? Do you hear any obvious mistakes? Do you LIKE it?? Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you! :D

https://soundcloud.com/j-c-ruminski/partial-recall

hi and welcome to earth! nice first post. It sounded pretty polished to me.
but then, i'm no good at this music stuff. :scared:

it was a fun listen.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

The bass is good. I was surprised that there is some rap coming.
I thought this is an instrumental. The sound/mix is very well in my opinion.
The keyboard part is to dominant or loud. Don't like the screaming so.
Very well done.

Good job.
I didn't get all the lyrics (my fault for not listening closely enough?).
Chorus is catchy.
Piano chops = high point.
Outro very nice.
Vocals = bit screechy and hyper for my taste; you may have wanted to convey that.
Not feeling it with the message of the song or unsure of what you're trying to convey.
Wonder what the vocal would sound like if you toned it down, sang lower, and also sang some melody instead of straight "rap."
Drums felt too samey all the way through but added punch and solid timing.

Thank you everybody! This is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for

happy to help

As soon as I hit play, the first thing I wanted to hear was a Real kick drum sample instead of the tubby synthetic sterile one you're currently using.

The chorus would be nicer if it was layered with some harmony. It would strengthen even more the contrast between the shouting, screaming, rapping verses and the gentle chorus.

Hard (verses) v Soft (chorus') = Good contrast.

I enjoyed it. :)

Welcome to KVR.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius - I totally know what you mean about the drum sound, I'm not usually into using synthy drum stuff but this song in particular is more of a futuristic vibe so I thought it might fit. Believe it or not there is a harmony on the chorus, but the harmony plugin I'm using is a free one I got online and it sticks out like a sore thumb when it's wet in the mix so I dialed it back quite a bit. That's exactly what I was going for though, hard abrasive verses and a more melodic gentle chorus, but great advice "strengthen the contrast" Thank You!

Return to “Music Cafe”