Dirty analog punk trance work in proggress

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Almost 100% of the sounds come from analog hardware. I used Audio Damage Vapor for great effect on a few tracks, and of course EQ and stuff, but that´s about it.

Long, but it was made for a party so it´s OK. Is the rhythming of the vocal loop still horribly off?

Also I think I need to clear the mix a bit even though this kind of dirty in your face sound was the point from the beginning...

I will cut around 3 minutes from here and there later for release, and maybe add an earworm melody or something...

https://soundcloud.com/aavepyora/work-i ... rance-2016

Quite hypnotic and I liked what you did with the vocal. I can hear places where it's not "locked in", but I think it works just fine as it is. Overall, this track sounded like it could have come from Hallucinogen's Twisted.

Good work :)

Taika-Kim wrote:Also I think I need to clear the mix a bit even though this kind of dirty in your face sound was the point from the beginning...
Not everything has to be crystal clear. Maybe some of that cutting at around the 200hz mark, here and there, maybe? If this was my track I'd probably wind up the saturation!
A solid :tu: :tu:.

Yeah I worked like crazy on the vocals, moving almost every single word from the loop back and forth individually.. And ended throwing a gate on 66% of the length, since it still sounds off... The original track is very free form, and does go to 4/4, which I kind of forced it into, maybe I just need to accept that it will either sound weird, or not match with the 4 based divisions of the beat.

Well maybe that´s true about the mix :) At leat I should check the bass somewhere, I noticed that on a huge festival PA the subbass or something was a bit too loud. I hope I could sometime use a big sound system to mix tracks to actually optimize them for parties :D

Return to “Music Cafe”