three years and I still don't know what genre to produce, how the heck do you guys choose?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wanted what kind of music I'd like to produce before I started :shrug: It's easier to achieve something if you know what you want :P

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone in the world needs to be a producer.

Just my 2 cents :wink:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Don't be a slave to genres. Make music that you're happy with and let others worry about which box you fit it. My $0.02.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Totally made up for laughs studies from Chair University showed that people who stick to genre oriented music use less and almost same tools, spend less money on tools and get more money from music, on the opposite side, people who do whatever they like, get whatever they want and spend more money on it, earn less or nothing from it. :hihi:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Choose the one that doesn't make you want to kill yourself after 30 hours of mixing a.k.a do the one you love :tu:

This thread is very polarized which is modern and common.
Hopefully we can find some experts to explain the situation in detail because it seems almost difficult to understand.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Christian silent rooftop hair house

Plus, wouldn't you have more fun watching people argue over what genre you fit into?
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Whatever happened to the Frying Pan and Polish Death Polka scene around here?

It evolved into 'Four On The Floor Polish' afair.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

thecontrolcentre wrote:Whatever happened to the Frying Pan and Polish Death Polka scene around here?
It just shows to go you how fleeting the life of a genre is. Kinda sad, really.
Gaslighting...is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

EdSevered wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Whatever happened to the Frying Pan and Polish Death Polka scene around here?
It just shows to go you how fleeting the life of a genre is. Kinda sad, really.
The public are so fickle. :(

i know let's ask todd
the critics got together and they started a game
you get your records for nothing and you call each other names
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybWRodOpoDQ
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Pick a genre that you are comfortable with, and break it.

xoxos wrote:i know let's ask todd
:hihi:

I'd forgotten all about that album. Gonna have to dig it out ...
DJ Warmonger wrote:Contrary to popular belief, not everyone in the world needs to be a producer.
Too true. Did anyone else actually listen to the OP's productions? :? :scared: :help:

thecontrolcentre wrote:
DJ Warmonger wrote:Contrary to popular belief, not everyone in the world needs to be a producer.
Too true. Did anyone else actually listen to the OP's productions? :? :scared: :help:
See, I had just started that year, that was my first year. I didn't try to copy any genres I was trying to do everything original myself. I've been focusing on genres since then and learning a lot more the past 3 years and I love the stuff I produce now. I posted that to prove to you guys I actually love music and I'm not just in it to trying to get rich quick, I knew I'd get dissed for it cause it doesn't fit "standards" or "genres" pretty contradicting if you ask me.

Bach, Beethoven, Mozart. They're all amazing people, I'm pretty positive they zoned in on the classical genre back then and all learned from each others concerts and compositions.

If I love all the genres I posted and I love listening to them, and I grew up with them, what the hecks wrong with focusing on that type of sound to create? I feel like I've grown so much making mock ups of my favorite songs and I gained so many new skills, and I now make music I can appreciate and is alot more musical now.

I read alot of ppl saying not to read up on theory too, theory is for nerds, theory is for ppl unoriginal. Well guess what? All my songs on that album were in a major or c major, thanks to theory, I can now do turnarounds, keychanges, borrow chords from other scales, create dissonance when i want, I have so many more tools for composing it's amazing, at first yes it made my music bland, but after getting really advanced I'm able to see you basically can do anything there's no rules.

again, about this topic, which only a few people were kind of ontopic with. I guess my title was kinda of baity?

The dilemme I'm having again was just sticking to one genre I like on one profile, or producing all genres I like on one profile, or producing the genres I like on seperate profiles, or should I just stick to one of them? which some of you gave me some good answers. A lot of you suggested multiple profiles, cause I also agree releasing some powermetal then some cutesy pop songs on the same name would be so alienating to fans lol

I should of probably left the story out, the money out, and named the topic "Creating my musical profile online, producing clashing genres?"

anyway so yeah...

Overall I feel this forum is a bit toxic lol seems like a lot of people here just to make some trolly funny posts which Is fine I laughed at some, but it could hurt some other people who are more sensitive.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”