Losing motivation to finish tracks

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just released an album/ep and my motivation was actually having a finished project. Putting together an album was one of the most satisfying things I've ever done. If you're doing an ep, maybe work on designing a Bandcamp page or doing the artwork for the ep. I did my artwork before my album was finished and I do think that motivated me. I think artwork and photos are good motivation in general, especially if your music is concept based or thematic.

Take notes. Write down the list you need to do to finish the track and just do it. Don't let be distracted by trying and tweaking sounds endlessly.

(works for other tasks as well)
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote:Take notes. Write down the list you need to do to finish the track and just do it. Don't let be distracted by trying and tweaking sounds endlessly.

(works for other tasks as well)
Yeah man I take a lot of notes you should see my desk!

Use to do it on the notes section on logic but just dont find it as in your face!

Triple Dot wrote:Hi,

I've been working on 4 tracks lately and they are all pretty much finished some just need finishing touches before mixing and mastering. I was planning to make it into a Demo EP as I've never posted anything before. (Been producing for nearly 5 years).

The thing is I just really can't be f***ed to finish them. It's like I lost motivation for the whole project. I was pretty eager at first and was knuckled down on it for a couple of weeks but now the finishing line is in sight I just cant be bothered to get there.

Does this happen to anyone else? Should I take a week break?
mixing and mastering is overrated ihmo.
Lots of demo's get ruined by overthinking. Just come back to it in a few weeks and finish a good clean mix. Don't over do it

or just go with what you have now, gather feedback from us, and then mix it based on what people give as feedback

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”