Nocturne Suite 2nd Movement: Andante (String Quartet)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gone
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

This is lovely Ayorinde!
All the strings sound fabulous, especially the growling bass... ;)
Enjoyed!
Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Thanks for listening!
I think the solo strings in HSO are actually quite good, especially, as you noted, the bass. (I like to call it a contrabass for that olde worlde vibe.)
I only used a little compression, no eq except for some (very) steep lp/hp filtering (Cubase's), and reverb. And a limiter ( :o ) to bring the whole level up. So what you hear is more or less the sound of the HSO library. If only the ensemble strings were as rich...
Rolling my sleeves up to start the 1st movement, a galliard. Now, where did I put that rosin...

Very unusual for a string quartet, but I like it! The contrabass really does add an interesting element of menace to the proceedings!

davidstiles wrote:Very unusual for a string quartet, but I like it! The contrabass really does add an interesting element of menace to the proceedings!
...Not to mention being easier to write for! :tu:

Ayorinde wrote: ...Not to mention being easier to write for! :tu:
I guess it would be! I've never tried that, but maybe I'll give it a shot sometime.

Very good. I think you got a talent for this music style too. I found no complaints, the mix was also good. This style is one of those styles I would like to excel in but for now I try to improve in less demanding stuff.

Return to “Music Cafe”