New xils lab synth coming...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some kind of loyalty discount would be nice
I'm pretty excited about this one though... bring it on!

It's here!

abernathy wrote:It's here!
Wow! 99 Euro until 8/31? As long as the demo works, I'm in.

€99 aint a bad price at intro.

Hoping maybe some third party seller will come up with even better deal?

abernathy wrote:It's here!
Here is a link for the corresponding page:
https://www.xils-lab.com/products/polym-p-160.html

The intro price seems to valid until August 31th which is around 2 months from now on.

FWIW as i was one of the testers i am happy that PolyM is released now. :hyper:
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Just demo'd it. Not my cup of tea, pretty weird architecture. That has nothing to do with PolyM though, but with the original synth. Which i had no idea about, before i tried the demo. Fair enough.

ilok....

chk071 wrote:Just demo'd it. Not my cup of tea, pretty weird architecture. That has nothing to do with PolyM though, but with the original synth. Which i had no idea about, before i tried the demo. Fair enough.
One thing that is not common with other synths is the mixer in PolyM (And also the Polymoog).

The "GEN" fader in the mixer is for the overall volume and you could mix the output of the raw Oscs ("DIRECT" fader) wit h the output of the VCF ("VCF" fader) and the output of the Resonators (RES" fader).

If you think that the VCF control do not work you might have only used the output for the raw Oscs ("DIRECT fader) but not the VCF output ("VCF"). I had that problem too when i started using this...

Besides that the 0-9 buttons are not just different patch settings but in the hardware they represent differnt circuits. After using one of the buttons you could start tweaking the parameters for that specific circuit.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

chk071 wrote:Just demo'd it. Not my cup of tea, pretty weird architecture. That has nothing to do with PolyM though, but with the original synth. Which i had no idea about, before i tried the demo. Fair enough.
This was my all time favorite synth from that era. I always wanted one but could never afford it.

Now I can.

There doesn't seem to be a demo. At least I can't find one. Does this mean we have to buy it and hope it works? I hope not.

https://www.xils-lab.com/products/polym-p-160.html#

and then click the green download button under the price. Time-limited iLok full version or limited-feature version without time limit.

wagtunes wrote:There doesn't seem to be a demo. At least I can't find one. Does this mean we have to buy it and hope it works? I hope not.
There is a demo with demo limitations and you could also ask for a time limited demo license where for a limited time you do not have the demo restrictions. AFAIK in that case you would need the downlaod for the full version.

There are two versions for the full version depending on using eLicenser or iLok protection which both is offered. Xils Lab seems to be the only develeopr that offers both.
Ingo Weidner

AnX wrote:ilok....
If you prefer Steinberg eLicenser you can go for that option instead when you buy it :shrug:

wagtunes wrote:There doesn't seem to be a demo. At least I can't find one. Does this mean we have to buy it and hope it works? I hope not.
Check the download page, and then choose the 2nd option.

https://www.xils-lab.com/products/polym-p-160.html#

Clicking on the download button doesn't do anything for me. It's like it's non functional.

Return to “Instruments”