Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

goleat wrote:Playing a bit with Avenger, I discovered a technique to eliminate the machine-gun effect on the samples.

https://soundcloud.com/danilo-batistela ... hnique-frr

Very good and efficient fake round robin. How do you do that ? Can you explain it ?
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

AlesisVi61 wrote:Interesting synth....enjoyed some of the presets,but even something as arbitrary as browsing presets,is a bit tedious,due to there being far too much information,windows and controls...being crammed into a single page.
In order for the GUI screen to fit within my DAW and displayed completely,I am forced to resize down to 55% and in doing so,some of the text is difficult to read.
its defintately not designed for such a low resolution screen. 55% is far not enough for normal use (as you said). Its simply not made for such a screen. We recommend (AT LEAST) a full HD screen. We did the design on purpose, even if we knew, that not everyone has modern screens.
Very good and efficient fake round robin. How do you do that ? Can you explain it ?
there are many possibilities to do this in Avenger. The most obvious is a random sample start point. But you can also apply a random mod source on the sample "shift" feature, which simulates a round robin by shifting neighbouring samples on the current note. Furthermore you could do a slightly random pitch on every played note. Or a combination of all 3 things.

Very nice ! Thank you ! I will try this random sample start point as soon as possible :love:

(even if for the moment I use Avenger almost exclusively for "analoguish" pads and "cutting-edge" synths, and for some drumkits too)
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

msvs wrote:
AlesisVi61 wrote:
its defintately not designed for such a low resolution screen. 55% is far not enough for normal use (as you said). Its simply not made for such a screen. We recommend (AT LEAST) a full HD screen. We did the design on purpose, even if we knew, that not everyone has modern screens.
I do have a modern screen(720p though)...perhaps not modern enough for your VST in particular,but I have many modern soft-synths that I have never had an issue with on my monitor.
What I find very odd,is that I am using a 32" monitor,so at 55%...I would think the text would be legible with a screen this size.
I don't know of any other software developer,that has implemented so much,on a single screen page.It's convenient to have everything laid out all at once,but again...when you have so much functionality,it's just logical to have multiple pages to cycle through and in my opinion,it's not really much more of an effort to allow a second,to swap between a main page,to a secondary page.
It's only a matter of time,until I upgrade to a 1080p monitor...so perhaps the Avenger will be more suitable for me...down the road.

Thanks for responding to my post.

our philosophy was, to display as much as possible on the main screen, and not having to browse through sub sub sub pages. This is important, especially since you can drag&drop route everything (source to target) for the modmatrix :)

sircuit wrote:
goleat wrote:Playing a bit with Avenger, I discovered a technique to eliminate the machine-gun effect on the samples.
Restricted random sample start?
Random Shift + Random Start :tu:

AlesisVi61 wrote:
msvs wrote:
AlesisVi61 wrote:
I do have a modern screen(720p though)...perhaps not modern enough for your VST in particular,but I have many modern soft-synths that I have never had an issue with on my monitor.
What I find very odd,is that I am using a 32" monitor,so at 55%...I would think the text would be legible with a screen this size.
I don't know of any other software developer,that has implemented so much,on a single screen page.It's convenient to have everything laid out all at once,but again...when you have so much functionality,it's just logical to have multiple pages to cycle through and in my opinion,it's not really much more of an effort to allow a second,to swap between a main page,to a secondary page.
It's only a matter of time,until I upgrade to a 1080p monitor...so perhaps the Avenger will be more suitable for me...down the road.

Thanks for responding to my post.
I'm sorry to get in this conversation, but a 32" screen at 720p is hardly a modern screen. What is that, around 50 ppi? I would never go below 100 ppi.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Yeah, that's definitely not at all modern. It is pretty much impossible to buy a screen in a shop that is 1080p at this moment. Heck, even those are getting rare and most have higher default resolutions.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

AlesisVi61 wrote: I do have a modern screen(720p though)
What I find very odd,is that I am using a 32" monitor
It's only a matter of time,until I upgrade to a 1080p monitor
Using a TV as a monitor is not the best idea (screens not the same, optimizations not the same) get the biggest monitor you can afford and your eyes will thank you later

starflakeprj wrote:
I'm sorry to get in this conversation, but a 32" screen at 720p is hardly a modern screen. What is that, around 50 ppi? I would never go below 100 ppi.
What is more modern than an LCD/LED screen?Any such displays are certainly more modern than this;

1080p and 4K are just upgrades of this modern format of screens and that is the distinction I was making.My computer monitor is actually a TV made by HiSense that I got for $80 last year.It is of course,nothing fancy...but all of my DAW's and every VST I have(with the exception of my Xpand2 synth)...are displayed with sharp detail.
I know that at least 1080p is the standard resolution nowadays,but my old Westinghouse 1080p TV monitor took a dump and I needed a low cost replacement fast.

sircuit wrote:
AlesisVi61 wrote: I do have a modern screen(720p though)
What I find very odd,is that I am using a 32" monitor
It's only a matter of time,until I upgrade to a 1080p monitor
Using a TV as a monitor is not the best idea (screens not the same, optimizations not the same) get the biggest monitor you can afford and your eyes will thank you later
Thanks for the suggestion,but I am not dropping $300+ on a 32" PC monitor,just so I can accommodate the Avenger's requirements.
I may be willing to settle for a 27" monitor(as I could make good use of some extra desk space)...but all that is on my mind,is eventually upgrading to 1080p and I prefer a TV over a computer monitor,as a TV can double as an entertainment source,where I can easily attach a blu-ray playet to it,to chill out to a movie...as after all,my workstation set up is in my bedroom.

AlesisVi61 wrote: Thanks for the suggestion,but I am not dropping $300+ on a 32" PC monitor,just so I can accommodate the Avenger's requirements.
Nor will Avenger change its design for an antiquated monitor. Stalemate.

Although, I would appreciate a change to the more u-he style preset browser (or most synths for that matter) which is on a separate screen. Browsing and modifying patches are two separate activities.

AlesisVi61 wrote: Thanks for the suggestion,but I am not dropping $300+ on a 32" PC monitor,just so I can accommodate the Avenger's requirements.
A proper monitor would accomodate any DAW's requirements not only Avenger's. I would not wish my enemies working on a 60-100 tracks project in 720p.

So you would rather enjoy this in 32"

Over this on a 22"?

When will granular be released ?. . . . .

generaldiomedes wrote:
Nor will Avenger change its design for an antiquated monitor. Stalemate.

Although, I would appreciate a change to the more u-he style preset browser (or most synths for that matter) which is on a separate screen. Browsing and modifying patches are two separate activities.
Just to be clear,I am not opposing the need for an upgrade to a 1080p monitor,but I can't justify spending an additional $100 for a computer monitor,over a 1080p TV...when a TV essentially,does the same job.
Unless someone can give me some compelling reasons in detail,on the advantages of a computer monitor versus a TV monitor and explain the differences between the two(since both are high resolution LCD/LED monitors)...then perhaps,I will seriously consider a computer-specific monitor.
As things are now,I am in dire need of a computer tower upgrade and to me,that is infinitely more crucial to me,then the latest and greatest,ultra-pristine computer monitor of god-like proportions.

Return to “Instruments”