Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Sampleconstruct wrote:Strong FR: Today I programmed a sound with several velocity layers and it was rather painful, as there is no batch edit option for editing several oscillators at once, so all modulation assignments have to be made for each velocity layer (oscillator) again and again and again and again, this took hours... - so please think about giving us an option to batch edit things - thank you.
MASSIVE HUGE ENORMOUS +1 on this.

I noticed the same thing and just went "nope.. ain't doing any velocity layers for this".

I just love the sound of this thing but it's definitely turning out not to be all that well thought out from a synth programmers perspective. It's much more limited than I first thought it would be. It's not at all the Camel Audio Alchemy killer that I first hoped for it to be.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Strong FR: Today I programmed a sound with several velocity layers and it was rather painful, as there is no batch edit option for editing several oscillators at once, so all modulation assignments have to be made for each velocity layer (oscillator) again and again and again and again, this took hours... - so please think about giving us an option to batch edit things - thank you.

I noticed the same thing and just went "nope.. ain't doing any velocity layers for this".

I just love the sound of this thing but it's definitely turning out not to be all that well thought out from a synth programmers perspective. It's much more limited than I first thought it would be. It's not at all the Camel Audio Alchemy killer that I first hoped for it to be.
It seems the entire sample section is just a minor add on, but I will waste more time finding workarounds to overcome the programming obstacles as Avenger is one of the few instruments which allows to combine FM synthesis with samples which can yield very interesting results. At least they have announced a loop editor and drag&drop for single samples.

With version 1.0.28 I am getting a lot of massive loud THUMPS with various of my presets, also hanging notes seem to be a new issue, that problem had vanished some versions ago.

bmanic wrote:

i see the sampler as a bonus.

Sure but it could be a lot more than just an after thought. :)
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Avenger and Falcon have made me appreciate really how difficult workflow-wise complex synths that attempt to do all can be.

I was first super hyped about Avenger - and it is an awesome sounding synth - but it has also made me appreciate Falcon a lot more because it has a lot of strengths where Avenger has weaknesses. All in all, no synth is perfect.

Comparing Avenger to Falcon won't do any of them justice I guess. Haven't tried Falcon by now but obviously it is MUCH bigger speaking of features, therefore less intuitive/more complex and nearly double the price. Falcon is really nice for experienced sounddesigners I suppose. For me it is way over top. I guess for many people it will end up as a preset player - while I can imagine Avenger being not just for me one of the synths to start dipping into design. But that's quite a personal view...
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz / 12 GB DDR3 RAM / AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 28" 4k screen

Warehouseparty wrote:Comparing Avenger to Falcon won't do any of them justice I guess. Haven't tried Falcon by now but obviously it is MUCH bigger speaking of features, therefore less intuitive/more complex and nearly double the price. Falcon is really nice for experienced sounddesigners I suppose. For me it is way over top. I guess for many people it will end up as a preset player - while I can imagine Avenger being not just for me one of the synths to start dipping into design. But that's quite a personal view...
I agree. I usually play presets without much tweaking, but when I tried Avenger, it was the first time I started playing with the sounds an I liked it.

The degradation of sound quality by the project sample rate.

Sawtooth wave. sample rate 48kHz.
avenger_48000.png
Bad. Aliasing noise.

Sawtooth wave. Sample rate 44.1kHz.
avenger_44100.png
Good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Here is an exploration in a more Vintage/Electronica style using only Avenger and the "Vintage Modern" presets.

All the instruments, percussion and drums from "Vintage Modern".

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... -film-demo

ununique wrote:The degradation of sound quality by the project sample rate.

Sawtooth wave. sample rate 48kHz.
avenger_48000.png
Bad. Aliasing noise.

Sawtooth wave. Sample rate 44.1kHz.
avenger_44100.png
Good.
Try 88.2. some plugin don't do well at 48.

Uh, I only can use 48kHz due hardware synth's lock. Is it possible to fix the resampling the aliasing problem? Why is it resampled anyway? So this problem only does exist while using samples?

junebug wrote:CRASHING ABLETON ON START

Anyone else getting this?

win10 64bit, Ableton Live 9.7 64bit, Avenger vsti 64bit

Ableton scans Avenger vst on startup and crashes immediately.

:(
Junebug
Yes!!!! I've tried everything I installed it uninstalled it I even used jbridger. It also crashed in Froot Loops and in bit wig. I contacted customer support and they did get back to me and asked what kind a GPU I was using and I have a Nvidia GeForce graphics card so that I doubt is the problem, I'm also using a rain computer with an I7 dual core ivory bridge processor and 8GB of RAM

moonchunk wrote:Yes, I have a version of Ableton Intro here, 64 bit Windows 10, and just happened to see your post. I was working with Ableton Intro to try out something this morning and all was working well. I tried launching it 3 times just now after installing "Screaming For" Vengeance (JP cover looks like a big metal Falcon, I mean).

Sadly, I can't get Ableton Intro to work with the Install there in my plugins folder. Although it loaded into my Reaper DAW 64 bit. (Note that my library isn't finished downloading, but I doubt that matters..) During load, while it is evidently scanning the new plugins, it has a Windows error which says, rudely I might add; "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if it chooses to wipe your ass. Otherwise, find please some still undried leaves and dig a hole to keep warm until you get tired of waiting for help."

Microsoft sucks.

Incidentally, Reaper loads it, but since my library isn't downloaded I didn't try it after authorizing. But I notice that the only plugin Reaper found was the VST3i. Now, I'm sure there are other plugins in my Reaper Plugin Paths; and Reaper is peculiar in not allowing the name of the 32 bit, 64 bit and so forth to be named the same. So just now I did some checking, and found that Vengeance was placed in a VSTplugins\VST Plugins type duplicated path. I corrected that, moving it into the main VST folder, but kept the uninstall program it had created. Now Reaper shows both the VSTi and the VST3i (which the program put into my Program Files\Common Files\VST3i folder (which I didn't know I had...). But there is no 32 bit, even though I believe the program asked me where to put it... Not in the 32 bit folder I selected.

We need to find out from the company how to debug this. I moved the 64 bit VSTi into a temp folder and Ableton Intro loaded fine. Then I moved it back. It crashes again the same way. Also, if you move it from temp back to your plugin folder after starting Ableton, can't scan the Ableton plugins folder without crashing. Yow!
I am having the same exact problem I've tried everything imaginable and not only does it crash able 10 it doesn't work and fruity loops or bit wig. I contacted customer support and they asked me what operating system I was working with and what GPU I have and that's not the problem because luckily I have a very powerful rain computer. You know this VST was not cheap and I really hope that they can offer a solution. Obviously I'm not happy to see other people having the same issue but it gives me a little solace that there might be something wrong with the software. :scared:

noiseboyuk wrote:...I can only presume that Vengeance has such a track record and core customer base of EDM, that it never really entered the developer's heads to do any more than token toe-stepping outside its rigid confines (and when they did, it wasn't as impressive as the EDM stuff)...

Here are some instruments for Avenger that are not EDM but more traditional electronica.

From the "Modern Vintage" expansion:

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... nthpadscom

Avenger has a broad range sonic capability.

Return to “Instruments”