Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Just wrote a bug report from my phone and I don't think it went through: same video issues (GPU 80-100%) on macOS latest, Logic Pro X and Ableton Live.

Mac Book Pro retina late 2013, nVidia GT 750M / 2GB video memory, i7 quad, 16 GB system mem.

Also, search by preset name returns a list but when clicking on a result the list goes blank and that's it. Can't load search results presets.

Another bug in Logic Pro X: when inserting the Multi-Output version, it sends a very loud noise on the channel strip and that's it. Even when loading a preset the behavior stays the same: just loud metallic noise.

I just get a blank (black window) the demo wont display the UI for me at all.
My drivers are up to date etc. Uninstalled then Re-installed the demo.
Nothing.

Win 8.1 64, i7 4770k, 16 GB Ram. (two) NVIDIA GTX770s...

Anyway, just a report. Not really planning on buying it.

-Cheers

*Multiple DAWs, same issue. Definitely seems a graphic issue
with the plugin.
Last edited by pekbro on Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:
chk071 wrote:http://www.vengeance-sound.com/

In the upper right you can see the discount, and the code to use.

So it is costing just €160 during x-mas, no vat added?

That is quite a good offer :)
Manuel said the price already include VAT and so far that's why I'm hesitant to buy it. I'm in Canada and there's seem to be no way to remove VAT from the price.

EnGee wrote:
db3 wrote:
EnGee wrote:This is really a strange issue with the GPU!! None of the beta testers had such a problem!

This was the first thing I reported :D
Really? I didn't notice it or that the developer commented on it in the beta board.
Do you mean that you reported it before the release? During the beta? I haven't read it in the bugs list then.

Reported during beta Oct 1st, and added a reminder later. Rene said that the GUI needed some optimisation. If I recall correctly it's fully vector, which might explain the strain if it's running at a high fps.

db3 wrote:
EnGee wrote:
db3 wrote:
EnGee wrote:This is really a strange issue with the GPU!! None of the beta testers had such a problem!

This was the first thing I reported :D
Really? I didn't notice it or that the developer commented on it in the beta board.
Do you mean that you reported it before the release? During the beta? I haven't read it in the bugs list then.

Reported during beta Oct 1st, and added a reminder later. Rene said that the GUI needed some optimisation. If I recall correctly it's fully vector, which might explain the strain if it's running at a high fps.
Sorry, it seems it slipped from my attention as I don't have such problem (which it puzzles me! Yes, I don't have the latest nVidia card, but I have the latest drivers/Windows updates installed). That means (I think) it is a hard 'bug' to trace!

Cinebient wrote:
vanhaze wrote:So i bought it and already have regrets 2.0:

-Installed it and opened VSTi version of Avenger.
Right away, my fans of my macbook retina starting to run like a helicopter.
It opens at 100% view, asks for content file but the buttons to navigate
to that file just don't work at 100% view.
I could luckily click this window away, make the gui smaller and now
the buttons in the window to navigate to the content file do work.

So i choose "not installed yet bla bla", choose the content file which is on my desktop.
Seems that Avenger is importing the content now, all good.
I delete the plugin and re-insert it on an instrument channel and WTF:
The dialog window about the (missing) content file is coming up again (???).

Furthermore alot of buttons in the GUI don't react, i can click them but they do nothing.

So i tried AU version, VST3 version in Reaper, also tried AU in Logic, and VST and AU in Live : all the same problems.

So, cause the download of the content file stalled in Safari and had to resume it,
maybe it could be therefore got corrupted, leading to my issue.
So i re-tried downloading content file with Chrome, leading to same stallment and
couldnt even resume the download in Chrome.

So nice early xmas present: Avenger is totally unusable for me atm.
Maybe developer should do an intense beta test program for future products.
This is utterly cr@p.

Yes, i am angry. :evil: :evil: :evil:

OSX 10.12.1
Latest versions of Live, Reaper and Logic (all 64bit).
Macbook Retina 2015.
I had the same until i direct drop and drag the content file into the small system's page location window.
Many thanks for your help !

I just tried that and still no presets available and also the same "missing content" window if i remove the plugin from instrument track and re-inssert it on instrument track.. :evil: :evil:

OSX 10.12.1
Macbook Retina 2015.
Latest versions of Reaper, Live, Logic (all 64bit).
Rob van Hees

sircuit wrote:Another bug in Logic Pro X: when inserting the Multi-Output version, it sends a very loud noise on the channel strip and that's it. Even when loading a preset the behavior stays the same: just loud metallic noise.
Just tested it here and indeed, experiencing the very same problem. :evil: :evil:
Meanwhile, my macbook retina is starting to sound like a rocket, ready to be launched (# fansworkingovertime)

WTF is this for crap plugin ? :evil: :evil:

OSX 10.12.1
Macbook Retina, 16 gig RAM, 512gb SSD Core i7 2.5 Ghz.
Rob van Hees

vanhaze wrote:Meanwhile, my macbook retina is starting to sound like a rocket, ready to be launched (# fansworkingovertime)

WTF is this for crap plugin ? :evil: :evil:

OSX 10.12.1
Macbook Retina, 16 gig RAM, 512gb SSD Core i7 2.5 Ghz.
Don't use the plugin until a fix comes. Almost toasted my GPU.

vanhaze wrote:I just tried that and still no presets available and also the same "missing content" window if i remove the plugin from instrument track and re-inssert it on instrument track..
I had the same issue, but I just managed to get it to install the factory content on my mac (more luck than judgement). I put the factory content file on my desktop. I created a folder called Avenger in Mac HD/Users/Shared/ and pointed the content installer there. Then I used the import button to select file on desktop. NB) If you keep the GUI at 50% the fan should slow down.

db3 wrote:
vanhaze wrote:I just tried that and still no presets available and also the same "missing content" window if i remove the plugin from instrument track and re-inssert it on instrument track..
I had the same issue, but I just managed to get it to install the factory content on my mac (more luck than judgement). I put the factory content file on my desktop. I created a folder called Avenger in Mac HD/Users/Shared/ and pointed the content installer there. Then I used the import button to select file on desktop.
To be fair, that arcane method you somehow stumbled upon is the exact method VPS tell people to use.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:
db3 wrote:
I had the same issue, but I just managed to get it to install the factory content on my mac (more luck than judgement). I put the factory content file on my desktop. I created a folder called Avenger in Mac HD/Users/Shared/ and pointed the content installer there. Then I used the import button to select file on desktop.
To be fair, that arcane method you somehow stumbled upon is the exact method VPS tell people to use.
Say What ? Where on earth did you find this info in the MANUAL ?!
Rob van Hees

Why does the demo time out Noise have to be so loud ? when you start to get into a groove...It becomes annoying to jump and turn down the volume.
I completely understand why it's there...but why so loud?

db3 wrote:
I had the same issue, but I just managed to get it to install the factory content on my mac (more luck than judgement). I put the factory content file on my desktop. I created a folder called Avenger in Mac HD/Users/Shared/ and pointed the content installer there. Then I used the import button to select file on desktop. NB) If you keep the GUI at 50% the fan should slow down.
db3: I want to give you a Big Hug, cause you are a true Hero and saved my day.
I did exactly as you described and now ('Hallelujah") , the content file "sticks" and i can load presets, cause they are seen in Avenger now.
Also, brought GUI down to 50% (had to do that in Ableton Live, cause in Reaper,Avenger was too CPU hogging that it wouldn't let me to change GUI scale, the button to do that was just totally non responsive).

I waited and within a minute, after scaling Avenger GUI down to 50%, my macbook fans returned to rest :0) (Hallelujah again).

Do you really have to be rocket scientist to make Avenger just work as it should ?!
So it seems.

db3: I love you. :wink:
Rob van Hees

vanhaze wrote:.db3: I love you. :wink:
lol :hug:

Return to “Instruments”