TheDarkWind (Mix01)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/vortexatkvr/thedarkwind

Not a finished Mix, but this is basically the skeleton of the track I made in Bigwig. My CPU was just about to croak just from this, so I'll have to go and freeze these parts and keep adding more stuff to this.
:borg:

Hi V0RT3X... Well, Now I follow You on Souncloud... Finish the mix and send to me for mastering... Free (I'm your fan!)... ;-)

This is excellent moody synth-drama :-) I love the "dark soundtrack" feel to this, though that's not saying it requires a visual; it definitely stands on its own.

The sounds are chosen well and they coexist nicely. The combination of short arpeggio-like notes and the occasional smooth sustains in pads/strings compliment each other nicely. I'm a fan of one particular arpeggio-like note progression in there where it plays in a lower key but jumps rhythmically into higher octaves for accents. I don't know what to call it.

I really like the change in the last third where it moves into a melodic mode that almost sounds like it could support some lyrical singing, like a chorus-style coda (though there certainly could be verses earlier). And I'm not saying it requires vocals :-)

You said it's a rough mix so I won't opine on the mixing. I'll be interested to hear the final mix for comparison.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Is this the only piece of music you have on soundcloud at the moment? I tried to look for more of your work but failed.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I like it so far. Will enjoy hearing the finished piece.

As others have stated, this is a good piece of dark industrial, maybe along the lines of a Carpenter soundtrack. I think the arrangement is one of your best, with some interesting mood changes. I like how the percussion drops out at key moments to enhance the progression.

Good work :)

Fabulous sounds arranged so as to keep it interesting and dark. Nice use of dynamics, including as Tim noted the percussion enhancing itself by being absent. Sounds very cool through headphones.
I really like the "snare".
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Wow thanks for the feedback everyone! This was one of those projects where I had something completely different in the beginning, but I ended up just rewriting everything from scratch. I am working on a update to this so instead of posting something else, I'll stick to just working on this.

Cheers
:borg:

Return to “Music Cafe”