Izotope releases Neutron: "A smarter way to mix"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neutrino Neutron 3 Standard

plexuss wrote: I think there is further enhancements they can make to Track Assistant. For example, the ability to select subjective characteristics such as "warm, tight, crisp" and have it automate parameters to meet these. And in general make the process better.
I agree. I doubt they'll make it listen to all of the tracks. The CPU load would be phenomenal.
plexuss wrote:
garryknight wrote:gh t I use Neutron's Track Assistant, I'm not so easily able to hear those changes that the built-in Neutrino makes, even if I A/B them. Anyone else noticed this?
Try setting the drop down to "Aggressive".
Would this alter the way the Neutrino part works? I'll have to try it next time I'm at my DAW. Thanks for the suggestion.

Definitely needs to have it modeled WITH the crystals in the cables.

Hey guys,

does exist something else like track assistant on EQ?
I want to look at my eqing better so I don't need all that feature, only EQ one.

Any plugs? :phones:

Edit: another thing. What does it mean that Neutro advanced has "individual EQ" Vs the standard?
I can't get the point.

mementus wrote:Hey guys,

does exist something else like track assistant on EQ?
I want to look at my eqing better so I don't need all that feature, only EQ one.

Any plugs? :phones:
You should read the manual for Neutron. Track Assistant does adjust the EQ in the plugin to suit the track.
mementus wrote:Edit: another thing. What does it mean that Neutro advanced has "individual EQ" Vs the standard?
I can't get the point.
Neutron has an EQ, 2 compressors, exciter and transient processors within the plugin. The advanced version includes those 5 processors also as separate plugins. However Track Assistant is only part of the main consolidated plugin (channel strip, as it were, however I dont consider this to be a channel strip).

Thank you @plexuus !

I meant if there were a plug in that does only what track-assistant-eq in Neutron does (outside iZotope's ones)

Edit: no mid-side or left/right different EQ on Neutron equalizer?

mementus wrote:Thank you @plexuus !

I meant if there were a plug in that does only what track-assistant-eq in Neutron does (outside iZotope's ones)
I have many (many!) plugins (no expenses spared) and I can't think of a plugin that does what Neutron does, even just with an EQ. FabFilter Pro-Q2 has a feature that tried to show where there may be peaks and resonances but its a manual process to correct for them. But a plugin that analyzes the audio in real-time and provides correction suggestions, I know not.

Anyone else know of a plugin that does any of what Neutron's TA does?

mementus wrote:Edit: no mid-side or left/right different EQ on Neutron equalizer?
No. Since Neutron has some kind of smarts under the hood, a whole new algorythm would need to be designed and coded, I think, to address MS eqing so that's likely why its not included. Having independent LR is out of the scope of what Neutron does so that's likely why it's not included. They tailored the features of the processors in Neutron towards the over-arching purpose of the plugin which is the TA and Masking. That's my non-official take on it, anyway.

mementus, Neutron doesn't do this as well.

look at surferman print screens in the previous page and look here where people published the results of similar testings :

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... ron-7.html

(you wanted proves so you got it)

After running checks for 2 days now and reading many other checks as well what Neutron track assistant will do for you is :

understanding in most cases what kind of instruments you have and then apply a preset which will be almost 100% similar to other track of the same type (meaning for all vocal tracks the EQ setup will look almost similar expect that the nodes will be slightly moved but the nodes will have the same configuration)

compression and exciter configuration will be also similar though compressor threshold will indeed be suited to input volume.

you can do a lot better in Neutron itself ! by pick nice preset suited to your track (not like track assistant preset) and then use "learn" function in the EQ page, it will slightly move the EQ nodes the same way that track assistant will do it for you. yes, this if funny, even within Neutron there are smarter assistants than track assistant.

plexuus - you're really misleading people when you write :

"Track Assistant does adjust the EQ in the plugin to suit the track".

B.T.W - as I wrote previously Neutron is a great channel strip, if you buy it for this - you won't be disappointed.

however, if you like me and many other people bought it for the claimed amazing features of track assistant you'd be very disappointed (not immediately though which is interesting by itself, the ways we fool ourselves to believe that we really didn't waste the money and it was a wise investment),

if 5,6 evidences I referred to are not enough for you, do the tests yourself please before deciding.

believe it or not - I like many features in Neutron, what I don't like is misleading advertising (or even false description as some people in here are providing while ignoring obvious tests results).

nirm123 wrote:believe it or not - I like many features in Neutron, what I don't like is misleading advertising (or even false description as some people in here are providing while ignoring obvious tests results).
You really are troll baiting me aren't you. Your test methodology is flawed and you seem to misunderstand what Neutron brings to the table, hence your conclusion of "misleading advertising". That's fine. Opinions are opinions. Best advice for anyone is to try the demo yourself and if it doesn't suit you don't buy it. I haven't spent any time trying to prove or disprove Neutron's effectiveness with some kind of test methodology, instead, I used it on actual music production projects and the results are pretty awesome - that is my benchmark, take it or leave it. That's all I will say about this for now. Clearly nirm123 has his own opinions about it. Just a reminder: opinions are not facts. Try the demo, buy it or not.

plexuss wrote: Neutron has an EQ, 2 compressors, exciter and transient processors within the plugin.

Four, not five... ;)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

nirm123 wrote:mementus, Neutron doesn't do this as well.
[...]

You sir, are a tool.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:
plexuss wrote: Neutron has an EQ, 2 compressors, exciter and transient processors within the plugin.

Four, not five... ;)
Hey jens. what do you mean?
jens wrote:
nirm123 wrote:mementus, Neutron doesn't do this as well.
[...]
You sir, are a tool.
I just wish nirm123 would be a little more accepting of other people's opinions and experiences with Neutron - many of us like it and find it works pretty well. Just accept that, instead of trying it make it, and iZotope, out to be liars. and I wish nirm123 would move on - he's stated his opinion and testing results so leave it at that and let the rest of us discuss this cool plugin positively and constructively.

plexuss - I know it would come eventually, instead of being able to understand what I wrote or at least check it for yourself- calling me a troll :) yep, always the easy way.

I saw at least 6 tests results over the last 24 hours after I encouraged people to do the tests themselves (not only here) and most of these people point of view about the product was completely changed - if you think this is not important, it's OK, I beg to differ.

believe it or not, I care that people here will know the truth and for the 100th time, it's not about opinions !- I urge people to run tests and see for themselves or at least review other test results.

I ask you and others here not to mislead people (although I doubt that you have bad intentions as you genuinely seem to be naive about it) because I was frustrated that I myself was misled.

the even more interesting part of it is what does it say about many of us in here who claimed that the track assistant really made their mixes sound better, random presets (yes - it's true ! check this yourself) can really make our music sound better ? how comes it can ? how delusion are we by amazing GUI and impressive PR and videos.
how easy it is to fool us.

since I raised my doubts here ONLY because I wanted to contribute something valuable and now I see that it's being taken the wrong way in here, I will now switch to "read mode" - I think that people know enough to decide for themselves if this is something worth checking or not - my advice it to take 30 minutes and test it, it's not really difficult to do.

I never called izotope liars - as I really like and purchased some of their products, this is not only their fault, people who believe everything without checking have also responsibility.

last thing - jens, this one is for you. before judging other people in here - take a good look at yourself and your ridiculous behavior in here yesterday, not only toward me. calm down, don't get so angry when people prove you wrong, or just stay out of threads like this.
Last edited by nirm123 on Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Return to “Effects”