RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Wavetable import and editing are the things I'm waiting for too. And resizing/reskinning (too small and too orange at the moment :lol: ). Are there some new about the reselling? To me this is essential for a possible purchase.

I'm actually really excited about these new features and can't wait to try them out. I also really like how rene put together and arranged the whole thing, seems intuitive and well thought out. I was wondering if there were any kind of key map involved in the process or will it be some kind of naming scheme going on so rapid will read and map the samples. Also, is there a release date planned for the new update?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I think the UI updates are some of the most important right now. Resizing and skins would help with the common criticism of RAPID's UI.

Benjamin923 wrote:I think the UI updates are some of the most important right now. Resizing and skins would help with the common criticism of RAPID's UI.
the Rapid's UI is really good, and the skin is nice too, i must admit, the firt time i have seen it, i said: what an horrible skin, not possible but after 6 month of practice, i must admit, i was wrong, the interface is clear and it's easy to work with, some different color could be a great add, more dark, but i would prefer new function
over that. about the size, it depend of your res monitor, i own a 4 k but i choose to set a custom resolution for work with all my not resizable vst.

----
Last edited by Benjamin923 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

for me sfz is very important, i have huge multisample librairies from camel audio alchemy and the german Beat maganzine, so it would be a nice feature to import edit my sample libries with this amezing synth. You can write sfz with text editor and adress all samples by copy and paste the path and adjust the volume, lenght and position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6rf6lBruDk

parawave wrote:
recursive one wrote:After having played with Rapid for some months I think that it needs better filters, especially highpass and bandpass. The resonance tends to clip and can generate very nasty whistling. [.. Better resonance behaviour would definitely help and analog style filter drive wouldn't hurt either.
Let me quote your signature here.
recursive one wrote:It's not all about how close something is to the bleeding edge of technology or how long the feature list is. If it sounds good to you, it sounds good to you, full stop.
Sounds good to me :)

Rapid is not an analog style synth emulator, so every filter was created to be usable in standard scenarios. If they had to much characteristic, it would just interfere with common sound design. If you're in search for filter drive, try the Vintage Lowpass, or use the Tube Distortion insert after the filter. Pads / Mountain Seeker is a good example, it uses both.
For high Q, use the Extreme Lowpass. Rapid does no clipping internally. So if it's clipping, the volume is probably to loud. I recommend balancing everything so there is no red blinking in the mixer and master meter.

Developing new filters is troublesome. It takes much time to finetune things. After all the other important stuff that is requested, I would also like to give a new set of special filters :)
I hear you. Actually my main concern is HP/BP filters, the LPs are fine, I especially like the analog LP - I have no idea if it sounds like anything analogue but it's a nice juicy filter. I understand that for making EDM style sounds the HP and BP filters may be not of big importance but for many other tasks they are - e.g. if you browse current progressive psytrance charts, artists like Relativ, Makida, Sideform, E-Clip, Electric Universe, you'll hear a lot of tricky filter action which requires HP and BP filters able to sound good without any artifacts in broad range of settings and responding well to fast automation. E.g. Spire's filters are perfect for these sounds.

I love the Rapid oscillators - among the wavetable synths I've tried it has the fattest sounding oscillators with very pleasant character. Should Rapid have more characterful filters (in addition to the current ones, not repacing them), I could use it as my main synth. Generally speaking I see a lot of potential in Rapid going far beyond bread and butter EDM sounds. Probably Rapid could carve out the same niche and have the same impact on the genres like trance, psytrance, downtempo, ambient as Access Virus used to have.

I totally understand that creating a good set of filters takes time but I believe it's worth it in the long run. For me it's actually much more important than sample import (any DAW has a sampler) or GUI issues (do you guys play your synths or stare at them?)

And while we are at it I'd love to have access to to all filters in the "insert" section. I understand that I can always route my layer to a next one and have all filters available here but if I want a dual filter signalflow with both filters controlled by the same envelope or LFO it becomes a bit cumbersome.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Nothing to do with the discussion, i just want to share a sound made with rapid this morning:
2 notes with some macro movements:( a kind of scape)

https://soundcloud.com/kokotteonline/scape
:phones:

I'd love to hear news from Parawave ! Any update, any extension coming soon ? No summer sale ? It's way too quiet here, this synth is crazy good ! :hyper:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

I just fiddled with Rapid's demo for about 15 minutes...there are interesting presets & the overall layout is intuitive and concise...but I am disappointed with the severely restricted content,as there really isn't much to demo...I mean...all but 2 of the layers are disabled and there is only a handful of presets??
Also...the color scheme is piss yellow,with a an eggshell white backround....sorry,but this motif is utterly hideous. :cry:
Yes...I know...the coloring of the GUI is quite arbitrary in contrast to the sound quality & functionality and maybe I am spoiled rotten(with indulging in Sylenth1's 7 skin collection)....but would it be too much to ask,to at least add one alternate skin?Please?
As I see it,a VST's motif,can also be a factor...in terms of inspiration to create music and a good color scheme sets a good mood(which can be important,when staring at a computer screen for several hours.)Moreover...an assortment of different skins is becoming fairly standard and common,with modern soft-synths.
In fact,some software developers even charge extra,for skins...so evidently,color schemes in VST's...are fairly desirable to a significant number of people out there.

I am in no hurry for this to happen,if it does....as I won't be ready to buy Rapid for quite some time,as I have to finish paying off my UVI synth purchases and currently,Dune 2 and Hive....are at the top of my synth list,before I buy anything else and actually,Tone2's Icarus is a must have for me as well.
Rapid is still fairly new,which is yet another good reason to wait a while,before purchasing it.

All I can say is WOW!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Incredible Mirko, music, and instrument. :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

And to think ONE PRESET.

I am SO glad I brought this instrument........................... :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

re23071998 wrote:Image :party:

Anyway, looks way better than the original colour scheme.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Hello. I'm very interested in buying Rapid. Any chance a summer sale is on the horizon?!
Busy saucing sounds - soundsauca.com

Return to “Instruments”