Diva 2 Wishlist (purely hypothetical, nothing in development)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Shiek927 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:54 am I'm genuinely confused as to what Diva 2 could even bring that Diva hasn't. I mean, qualitatively, Diva set a whole new standard. Repro sounds amazing, but I wouldn't say Diva 1 has aged or is any less authentically sensational than it was in 2012. If classic vintage synths never go out of fashion, I think the same could be said for Diva 1.

Certainly more modules, maybe a mod-matrix, and ongoing refinements in the analog-modeling are welcome, but I'm not really aching for a Diva 2 in the same way I am for, say, Zebra3 because Diva 1 was and is still a masterpiece among softsynths.
Well the FX section for one needs to be better. Look at repro-5 effects section. That in DIVA would be amazing! :tu:

Shiek927 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:54 am I'm genuinely confused as to what Diva 2 could even bring that Diva hasn't. I mean, qualitatively, Diva set a whole new standard. Repro sounds amazing, but I wouldn't say Diva 1 has aged or is any less authentically sensational than it was in 2012. If classic vintage synths never go out of fashion, I think the same could be said for Diva 1.

Certainly more modules, maybe a mod-matrix, and ongoing refinements in the analog-modeling are welcome, but I'm not really aching for a Diva 2 in the same way I am for, say, Zebra3 because Diva 1 was and is still a masterpiece among softsynths.
I wouldn't mind more modulation options and especially some MPE stuff like mod curves. A couple new modules. Bit of modular possibility added. Some new FX.

But generally I agree with you. Diva is already a solid synth as is. I too want Zebra 3 much more.

Biopharmer wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:51 am I'm less interested in a Diva "2" per se... I'd be more interested in a "Diva Modular".
ACE XL has been speculated about since ACE came out (which is great and I still use)

So Diva beta would be ten years in a few months, 2022 marks its 10th anniversary.

I really wonder if there are updates down the line ?
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:03 am So Diva beta would be ten years in a few months, 2022 marks its 10th anniversary.

This sounds almost as if you thought Diva was abandonware. But we just updated her 5 days ago.

For diva2 i'd finally like updated knobs to hidpi/retina graphics
don't need it since i have Aiko, but i'd like it

but what would be really cool is some kind of AI patch creation. Like a tag system that exist now but instead of selecting presets it makes you an endless supply of patches that fit the tag. (Constrained/smart randomizer)

And reverse-engineer AI machine-learning patch recreator - drop a sound in and AI scrambles the parameters till it finds a similar sound

Urs wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:11 am
rod_zero wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:03 am So Diva beta would be ten years in a few months, 2022 marks its 10th anniversary.

This sounds almost as if you thought Diva was abandonware. But we just updated her 5 days ago.
I know you have us spoiled with updates to functionality and maintenance, thinking more about features for example more modules.
dedication to flying

my biggest "issue" with diva 1 as is would be that many filter models are sensitive to input gain but only two of the oscillator modules let you actually play with that (the triple osc and the dual VCO eco) - The dual VCO, digital, and DCO all offer only a blend control between osc 1 and 2 or in the case of the DCO controllable volume for the sub but not for the main osc.

Other than that it's still a great synth, but with modern CPUs I bet we could handle two separate filter blocks plus the triple osc together, and I think the modern modulation systems found in hive/repro would be a nice fit as well (and an obvious upgrade price justification would be a few more modules and FX)

lfo triggered looping envelopes
mod matrix
up to 6 effects at once (including new distortion, granulizing and shimmer effects)
Add Apr 2600 osc and filters

I really have to say i didnt understand divas mod matrix yet, it needs an optional, for the kids like me :P, modern mod matrix with advanced visuals and more lfos.
Also only 2 fx to enable is really not well even in the past. I love divas fx but i want to have often more activated.
For all who dont want any gui changes maybe an old school skin and a newer one which shows like serum etc advanced mods etc.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:01 pm I really have to say i didnt understand divas mod matrix yet...
It was originally supposed to work with patch cables, similar to the MS-20. Something tells me it was a good idea to do it differently, like the way we did... it's not really a ModMatrix though, more a set of classic modifiers.

But yeah, a future major retrofit would probably come with a real ModMatrix, which in our recent stuff incorporates all those modifiers "just like that".

Accurate models of Matrix12 modules and overall sound signature.
Full overhaul of the interface.
More FX like saturation, BBD, different reverb types.
Setting randomization feature everywhere, ocs filters, modulation etc.
Even better sound, so I can sell my OB6 and make 10 of them in my DAW.
One more LFO :party:

Caine123 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:01 pm I really have to say i didnt understand divas mod matrix yet, it needs an optional, for the kids like me :P, modern mod matrix with advanced visuals and more lfos.
You're not alone. I've had Diva for probably as many years as it's existed and can't make heads or tails of it either! :lol:

Bulbizarre wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:41 pm One more LFO :party:
This
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Urs wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:21 pm But yeah, a future major retrofit would probably come with a real ModMatrix, which in our recent stuff incorporates all those modifiers "just like that".
yes please
some sort of a simple additional page like in vital (for example)
for fast&easy mod-editing would be cool imho

additional lfos, adsr etc are always welcome :-)

Return to “u-he”