Diva 2 Wishlist (purely hypothetical, nothing in development)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For now I'd already be happy to get a mod matrix. With the new MPE support, you now often have to one modulation for another one.

A lot of good suggestions here. But I hope (actually I'm sure) Diva will stay true to its analog nature. Somehow it's still the synth I like using most. It's really a masterpiece.

Since it's also the most popular u-he Synth, I hope they'll invest some time into a Diva 2 which is backward compatible with the patches of Diva 1. Unlike with Zebra 2 -> Zebra 3, I think they don't even have to change much. Just continue to add good stuff :)
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

yes a good mod matrix is really what i would love too. maybe a Diva 2.5 or something :D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

A modulation slot dedicated to the modwheel for most knobs would be nice :)
quod tu es, ego fui, quod ego sum, tu eris

I think for DIVA to maintain its identity any digital oscillators should be specific vintage ones - like an alphasyntauri additive osc with controllable level of grunge or some type of prophet VS inspired 4 digital single cycle wave + vector mixer setup. No need to step on hive or Zebra's toes.

A dual filtering path would be awesome and a pre filter oscillator level setting would be good and a agressive 18db filter would be cool!!

I feel like a diva 2 that brings it up to spec with hive in terms of routing and modulation would not only be revolutionary but could very lucrative, I think many would support buying more oscs + filters as "DLC" like phase plant does with snap-ins as well (especially if that allowed for things like adding the repro filters if you also own repro, etc)

Diode Ladder Filter (EMS or something)
Polymoog Resonator Emulation in the effects section
Moog CP3 Emulation, even as just a switch in the Moog Mixer section, could be fun.
Option to make Envelopes repeatable
Option to turn LFO's into single shots so that they can be used as extra envelopes when needed
An independent knob for driving the VCA so I don't have to use stuff like the VoiceMap + Add/Multiply to get that Moog filter into overdrive.
Audio input with an envelope following option.

Return to “u-he”