Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Examigan wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:15 pm I am surprised no one else mentioned issues with it yet.
Eh, as a matter of fact, since I have uninstalled whatever version I was running and installed a fresh download of v3.1.3, I have stopped getting the obnoxious loading times* and the random "Can't connect to RCM" popups :?

Hope it lasts.

--
Marco

*well, except for Zenology; that of course still takes ages to load...

samlletas wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:16 pm Is anyone having issues with Roland Cloud Manager 3.1.3? I updated to it and it keeps crashing when trying to open it, there is no error message, it just closes itself. Uninstalling and Reinstalling doesn't help either. I'm on Windows 10.

Edit: Is there a way I can rollback to 3.1.2? The Roland site seems to only let me download the latest version.
Examigan wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:35 pm I just tried updating it on my PC with Windows 11, and it has a message saying:
The current version of RCM cannot be updated with this installer.

I tried rebooting and trying again, same error.
Hey y'all! Are you still having this issue? If so it might be best to report it to support and we can collect the log from your Roland Cloud Manager and see what's going on. Sorry to hear this!
IvyBirds wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:28 pm
Jon at Roland wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:45 pm It is a deceptively dense synth in a lot of ways and I always discover new things about it that I find intriguing or lead me down different paths. If you have any questions at all or there is something you'd like to achieve in your creative process please feel free to reach out! I love when I learn more about an instrument, it really does get me inspired to look at things differently. Cheers! :phones:
I think it would be awesome to have video on all the samples inside of it that came from other companies Synths

I mean it's so obvious and yet you were unaware of it, so that would be a great class. I would be happy to help with that. We could have topics like "how to make your Zenology Synth sound like a Prophet 5, or a Minimoog, or a CS80"
Hey IvyBibrds! Originally you said that we sampled sounds from other companies directly for ZENOLOGY. This is not true, ZENOLOGY sounds are almost entirely sourced from Roland samples and sounds. We used sounds from the XV and other PCM/sample based instruments as well but these are licensed samples from years ago before the creation of ZENOLOGY. These sounds were not sampled for ZENOLOGY, outside sounds were all licensed. Some are no longer in our virtual instruments due to those licenses expiring. We featured these sounds in ZENOLOGY as to tap into that instruments history so you can use these sounds in ZENOLOGY's workflow. I'm still looking into whether they are directly sampled or recreated so more on that later. We never stole sounds and have no reason to do so and ZENOLOGY is not just entirely made of samples from other companies. So many companies make homage patches, recreations, if not directly license sounds for samples. It has been a part of the culture for a long time and we aren't trying to hide it.

Jon at Roland wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:12 pm
samlletas wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:16 pm Is anyone having issues with Roland Cloud Manager 3.1.3? I updated to it and it keeps crashing when trying to open it, there is no error message, it just closes itself. Uninstalling and Reinstalling doesn't help either. I'm on Windows 10.

Edit: Is there a way I can rollback to 3.1.2? The Roland site seems to only let me download the latest version.
Examigan wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:35 pm I just tried updating it on my PC with Windows 11, and it has a message saying:

Hey y'all! Are you still having this issue? If so it might be best to report it to support and we can collect the log from your Roland Cloud Manager and see what's going on. Sorry to hear this!
Yes, still having the same issue. I didn't report it to support as you usually reply back faster than they do. 8)

I will report it today though.

Examigan wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:10 pm

Yes, still having the same issue. I didn't report it to support as you usually reply back faster than they do. 8)

Totally understand. Thank you for doing that! Hope whatever it is gets resolved quickly.

Sent a report with log files and it got forwarded to the team for further investigation, hope both issues mentioned here get fixed.

Jon at Roland wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:12 pm Hey IvyBibrds! Originally you said that we sampled sounds from other companies directly for ZENOLOGY. This is not true, ZENOLOGY sounds are almost entirely sourced from Roland samples and sounds. We used sounds from the XV and other PCM/sample based instruments as well but these are licensed samples from years ago before the creation of ZENOLOGY. These sounds were not sampled for ZENOLOGY, outside sounds were all licensed. 
Honestly Jon you are just embarrassing yourself now and you not only misrepresented your own product you are now deliberately misrepresenting what I said and showing your own lack of knowledge over what is in your product

What I said was
IvyBirds wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:28 am And what's amazing is the amount of content in Zenology that Roland sampled from other companies products
Notice I didn't say that you sampled it for Zenology just that the content was in Zenology. Eric Persing sampled all kinds of things for the SR-JV80 cards many of which ended up in the SRX cards and again for new samples that he did for the SRX cards

Those are all inside of Zenology, Roland absolutely did sample them as Eric was Roland's employee at the time

So to recap yes there are plenty of samples from other companies products inside of Zenology

yup, so much so back in the day that the dance card where all the hit loops were got pulled never to return again.

not many users left :D

i read like i am just trolling? spamming whatever, but guys you should already see that Jon seems really to be just a marketing guy to keep this topic alive and suck in some poor souls not knowing RC Cloud enough. their installer is mostly ALWAYS buggy, when was it working correctly. vsts still got bugs, updates take sooooo much time, they just seem to focus on other things. maybe they are brewing something more in the background but they just then leave out the PAYING subscribers. anyone who is still subscribed didnt either got his lifetime keys yet, works for a company or whatever where it doesnt matter or might be too naive believing that this turns to gold.... maybe, i dunno but i can tell you not to stay subscribed and hope any longer. even their support told me marketing crap what advantages i had staying 1 more year without any benefit on their cloud.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

IvyBirds wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:59 am
Jon at Roland wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:12 pm Hey IvyBibrds! Originally you said that we sampled sounds from other companies directly for ZENOLOGY. This is not true, ZENOLOGY sounds are almost entirely sourced from Roland samples and sounds. We used sounds from the XV and other PCM/sample based instruments as well but these are licensed samples from years ago before the creation of ZENOLOGY. These sounds were not sampled for ZENOLOGY, outside sounds were all licensed. 
Honestly Jon you are just embarrassing yourself now and you not only misrepresented your own product you are now deliberately misrepresenting what I said and showing your own lack of knowledge over what is in your product

What I said was
IvyBirds wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:28 am And what's amazing is the amount of content in Zenology that Roland sampled from other companies products
Notice I didn't say that you sampled it for Zenology just that the content was in Zenology. Eric Persing sampled all kinds of things for the SR-JV80 cards many of which ended up in the SRX cards and again for new samples that he did for the SRX cards

Those are all inside of Zenology, Roland absolutely did sample them as Eric was Roland's employee at the time

So to recap yes there are plenty of samples from other companies products inside of Zenology
Jon dances around this topic like it is a hot turd, well it is ofc. So I understand. He is for damage control, not for getting things done.

A lot of samples from other HW are in the SRX / JV80 boards and now in zenology.
To deny this is just insane, and just shows how incompetent they have become with the whole cloud team. I am sorry (not) for the guys in the team not getting enough money to really get things done, but come on for 200 + tax a year we should actually expect some bugs fixes / design flaws recontruction and the whole licensing hell. Instead of this pingponging with some marketingguy.

Galaxias 1.5 update available now…
Still no VST/AU… 😞

Jon at Roland wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:37 pm
Examigan wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:10 pm

Totally understand. Thank you for doing that! Hope whatever it is gets resolved quickly.
The support got back to me the same day which was great. They said to uninstall/reinstall, I tried that and now its working. When I submitted my support ticket it also sent the log file, so hopefully (for the future) they can see what happened.

I noticed another thing that was happening was it looked like I had Zenology Pro (little checkmark on the computer icon in RCM), but I only had the Lite version. After reinstalling RCM, it looked correct and only showed that I had the Lite version. (see screenshot)
I wish I had the full version though.. 8)

Zen.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Septic Underground wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:37 am To deny this is just insane, and just shows how incompetent they have become with the whole cloud team. I am sorry (not) for the guys in the team not getting enough money to really get things done, but come on for 200 + tax a year we should actually expect some bugs fixes / design flaws recontruction and the whole licensing hell. Instead of this pingponging with some marketingguy.
Totally agree in a few months it will be two years since they have had any new instruments. They play the semantics game of "well we came out with version 2" but those are not new instruments. Close to six months ago they came out with Galaxias promising the VST version would be out soon and still nothing and that isn't even a new instrument it's the same old instruments repackaged in a different way

When it first came out they had a flourish of ACB instruments because it supported Roland Hardware, then when Zencore came out we got another flourish of Zenology based model expansions again because it supported the Roland Hardware

Now that Zencore is long in tooth we are getting nothing. My guess is at some point Roland will come out with something new to take the place the place of Zen Core. Then we will get a flurry of new things, but most of them will just be the same. Yet another Jupiter 8, yet another Juno, yet another 303 etc
Last edited by IvyBirds on Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Examigan wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:13 pm The support got back to me the same day which was great. They said to uninstall/reinstall, I tried that and now its working. When I submitted my support ticket it also sent the log file, so hopefully (for the future) they can see what happened.

I noticed another thing that was happening was it looked like I had Zenology Pro (little checkmark on the computer icon in RCM), but I only had the Lite version. After reinstalling RCM, it looked correct and only showed that I had the Lite version. (see screenshot)
Glad you got it working, I tried reinstalling RCM again but still refusing to open, and since uninstalling logged me out I can't even use Zenology :neutral:, I guess I learned my lesson of not updating right away.

samlletas wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:33 pm
Examigan wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:13 pm The support got back to me the same day which was great. They said to uninstall/reinstall, I tried that and now its working. When I submitted my support ticket it also sent the log file, so hopefully (for the future) they can see what happened.

Glad you got it working, I tried reinstalling RCM again but still refusing to open, and since uninstalling logged me out I can't even use Zenology :neutral:, I guess I learned my lesson of not updating right away.
I spoke too soon...

I just went back into RCM and now it its says I need to update it again. :neutral:
Also the Zenology icon looks like how it used to.
At least the synths work ok so far.
new Zen screen.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”