Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

What is this? If I start D50 out of Cubase i get the following Message after 20sec.:

"Error connecting to Roland Cloud Manager Service"

After the Message, D50 is starting
Collector of VSTs

Roland: “How can we sell software versions of our synths while also ensuring that no one is ever able to use them?” 🤔
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

ReiKru wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:01 pm What is this? If I start D50 out of Cubase i get the following Message after 20sec.:

Try uninstalling RCM, then download and install the latest version.

This is how I got rid of the long load times and messages the last time it happened to me - It actually got so bad I was getting the occasional RCM popups even when there was NO Roland plugin open in my DAW session :roll:

Regards,

--
Marco

Restarted Win11. Now it works.
Collector of VSTs

at least they didnt release a D-Beam™ FX plugin

Septic Underground wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:20 pm at least they didnt release a D-Beam™ FX plugin
The D Beam USB controller will be announced at Super Booth

It will come with bumpin fresh sample packs for making sick beatz that don't work with Roland Cloud Software but will be promoted as new and exciting products

ReiKru wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:01 pm What is this? If I start D50 out of Cubase i get the following Message after 20sec.:

Yeah, I made the right decision not getting into this after demoing. I rely on composing for a good part of my income. I can't have stuff behaving in fits and starts always needing me to do something to get it going again when I need to work on a project but better I find out now before I start relying on something unreliable for me.

Pretty sure I won't be using plugins in the coming months, but I just logged in to keep the Cloud client from popping up, over and over again. Who thought it a good idea to have the app do that? :SMH:
It then dawned on me that's just a stop-gap measure, so I deactivated it at Apps>Startup.

dblock wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:03 pm
Yeah, I made the right decision not getting into this after demoing. I rely on composing for a good part of my income. I can't have stuff behaving in fits and starts always needing me to do something to get it going again when I need to work on a project but better I find out now before I start relying on something unreliable for me.
The sad thing is the Roland Cloud could be awesome, Zenology could have evolved and developed into something world class that would rival Falcon, HALion,and Omnisphere

But then they just let it all wither on the vine, and cripple it with the RCM and the disaster that piece of garbage is. At this point since it's been close to two years without a new instrument that is a sure sign that Roland is done spending any money on it. You are fortunate not to have wasted a dime on it. I stupidly spent $800 on it

Jon could prove me wrong and post a roadmap of what they are supposedly working on and when it is coming out but they never do

I don't think it's too late for Roland Cloud at all but that's up to them and while I may have been fortunate to not have spent $800 on this particular thing, I've wasted money on way more than that over the years. That's just how it goes with this stuff.I just thought Galaxias might be cool for it's seemingly fast layering of synths. The drawback though is I don't really want to just layer a ton of only Roland vintage synths. I've got enough vintage style vst synths coming out my butt but I was impressed with the sound. I have Unified which does that well but for some reason I just don't like it. I suddenly realized I have the Akai VIP software from years ago that sort of worked layering different synths but again, wasn't always predictable but had the right idea also. Maybe I'll try that again (probably only to realize why I quit messing with it in the first place).

I have a feeling that there is more money to be made from selling soundpacks than developing plugins. Native Instruments seem to have taken that path and so have some others which of course, while I remebered a moment ago I've just forgotten again, but NI is probably a good example for now.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

what most people aren't paying attention to is that Roland has partnered with BMG to forge new alliances that will benefit both parties. sorry to not post a link here.....google is your friend.

N 4 LIFE wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:08 am what most people aren't paying attention to is that Roland has partnered with BMG to forge new alliances that will benefit both parties. sorry to not post a link here.....google is your friend.
Maybe because a Roland/BMG partnership has little relevance to the issues they are talking about right now.

Well,
After more than 3 years of subscription, I’ve decided to pull the plug on Roland subscription
2 years without new plugins and nothing new on horizon - enough is enough
Collecting my 10 plugins and signing out…

N 4 LIFE wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:08 am what most people aren't paying attention to is that Roland has partnered with BMG to forge new alliances that will benefit both parties. sorry to not post a link here.....google is your friend.
I am going to call BS because if it was so awesome Jon would be here talking about it

Secondly if it was so awesome you would explain why it post a link

If Google is our friend and you feel the need to lecture why didn't you spend 5 seconds googling it and post a link?

The reality however is Roland should fix their own software and make new stuff for their subscription service before "partnerships" with anyone

Any partnership that relies on RCM is something I don't want a part of

Return to “Instruments”