Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Jon at Roland, will the System 8 plugin be getting a GUI refresh like the ACB synths? Thanks.

Jon at Roland, are there any plans on releasing a fully featured Roland TR-8S as a VST3 plugin?

Or perhaps something with the same engine but a different name?

Or maybe a TR-8S editor but not a standalone app but as a VST3 with full recall (remember Integra VST 3 editor hehe) ?

J Veronica wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:26 am Jon at Roland, will the System 8 plugin be getting a GUI refresh like the ACB synths? Thanks.
Hey J Veronica! We plan to eventually give all our instruments the v2 treatment. Looking forward to it.
kmonkey wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:03 am Jon at Roland, are there any plans on releasing a fully featured Roland TR-8S as a VST3 plugin?

Or perhaps something with the same engine but a different name?

Or maybe a TR-8S editor but not a standalone app but as a VST3 with full recall (remember Integra VST 3 editor hehe) ?
Hi kmonkey! The TR-8S is amazing And both of these ideas are great. It was actually brought up somewhat recently how cool it would be to have a TR-8S equivalent as a plug in so I'll make sure to mention this comment to the team. :)

hi Jon at Roland, another month another nothing sadly?. best regards
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:30 pm hi Jon at Roland, another month another nothing sadly?. best regards
And still no VST Galaxias that was promised months ago

Jon at Roland wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:19 pm Hi kmonkey! The TR-8S is amazing And both of these ideas are great. It was actually brought up somewhat recently how cool it would be to have a TR-8S equivalent as a plug in so I'll make sure to mention this comment to the team. :)
Thanks for your response Jon. Much appreciated. I know it's hard these days and making a plugin even with the finished assets like the TR-8S certainly is not the easiest thing to do.

Fingers crossed. All the best.

Jon at Roland, can you please send a pat on the back to the MC-707 team? What an incredible instrument! I even think its limitations are just fine as it forces me to work with these creatively (1 min looper, limitations to param-lock only what's assignable to twistie knobs). Unfortunately however, picking up the MC-707 caused me to do two things: buy Zenology Pro lifetime license, subscribe to the Roland Cloud, and pick up a couple of sound packs. I also love the fact that Roland puts free Roland Academy training for their hardware (https://www.roland.com/us/roland_cloud_ ... #mc-series). While you guys don't have something focused on Zenology Pro, in the last MC-707 video course, Brian dove pretty deep into the sound design. I'd love to see some video classes on Zenology Pro sound design.

serge wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:14 pm Jon at Roland, can you please send a pat on the back to the MC-707 team? What an incredible instrument! I even think its limitations are just fine as it forces me to work with these creatively (1 min looper, limitations to param-lock only what's assignable to twistie knobs). Unfortunately however, picking up the MC-707 caused me to do two things: buy Zenology Pro lifetime license, subscribe to the Roland Cloud, and pick up a couple of sound packs. I also love the fact that Roland puts free Roland Academy training for their hardware (https://www.roland.com/us/roland_cloud_ ... #mc-series). While you guys don't have something focused on Zenology Pro, in the last MC-707 video course, Brian dove pretty deep into the sound design. I'd love to see some video classes on Zenology Pro sound design.
Glad to hear this! I love the MC-707 and will gladly pass that along for you. I think the MC-707 is one of the most powerful instruments out there and Im glad you are getting a lot out of it.

It would be amazing if we had some solid video classes for ZENOLOGY Pro. It is a deceptively dense synth in a lot of ways and I always discover new things about it that I find intriguing or lead me down different paths. If you have any questions at all or there is something you'd like to achieve in your creative process please feel free to reach out! I love when I learn more about an instrument, it really does get me inspired to look at things differently. Cheers! :phones:

Why I stopped using Roland Cloud plugins:

https://youtu.be/Kz5CWt036Ts?si=6qpDD2fSBDafADmz
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

Jon at Roland wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:45 pm I think the MC-707 is one of the most powerful instruments out there and Im glad you are getting a lot out of it.
I'm just bummed I discovered it late. I ended up selling a ton of gear, which MC-707 ended up replacing. I picked up a second one, purely for effects and processing of my other gear. The fact that there are 4 inputs, that are each assignable to independent channel got me to sell Enjoy Electronic's The Godfather since MC-707 does all of that and has ability to param lock on top of it all.
Jon at Roland wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:45 pm I think the MC-707 is one of the most powerful instruments out there and Im glad you are getting a lot out of it.

It would be amazing if we had some solid video classes for ZENOLOGY Pro. It is a deceptively dense synth in a lot of ways and I always discover new things about it that I find intriguing or lead me down different paths. If you have any questions at all or there is something you'd like to achieve in your creative process please feel free to reach out! I love when I learn more about an instrument, it really does get me inspired to look at things differently. Cheers! :phones:
For sure! The Zen-core sounds are excellent and I'm learning a ton while deconstructing some of the premium sounds. There are some great FX & filters in there, and the control / matrix is great. I'll get some questions together & shoot them your way. Meanwhile, for the MC-707, does the complexity of the patch count towards the 128-voice? i.e. if I use all 4 partials, does it use up a voice per? Haven't yet run into voice stealing, but thinking frugally in Zenology sound design.

Jon at Roland wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:45 pm It is a deceptively dense synth in a lot of ways and I always discover new things about it that I find intriguing or lead me down different paths. If you have any questions at all or there is something you'd like to achieve in your creative process please feel free to reach out! I love when I learn more about an instrument, it really does get me inspired to look at things differently. Cheers! :phones:
I think it would be awesome to have video on all the samples inside of it that came from other companies Synths

I mean it's so obvious and yet you were unaware of it, so that would be a great class. I would be happy to help with that. We could have topics like "how to make your Zenology Synth sound like a Prophet 5, or a Minimoog, or a CS80"

Is anyone having issues with Roland Cloud Manager 3.1.3? I updated to it and it keeps crashing when trying to open it, there is no error message, it just closes itself. Uninstalling and Reinstalling doesn't help either. I'm on Windows 10.

Edit: Is there a way I can rollback to 3.1.2? The Roland site seems to only let me download the latest version.

I just tried updating it on my PC with Windows 11, and it has a message saying:
The current version of RCM cannot be updated with this installer.

I tried rebooting and trying again, same error.

I have tried reinstalling, disabling my antivirus and even editing my hosts file as suggested here but still no luck, Roland Cloud Manager v3.1.3 doesn't open.

I am surprised no one else mentioned issues with it yet.

Return to “Instruments”