Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

N 4 LIFE wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:05 pm you don't need to manually re-authorize through the cloud as the roland-ware operates in the background constantly re-authorizing behind the scenes.
But, that's the issue, it was operating in the background constantly, because the cloud manager was in my PC's startup app list. But, it turns out that it got disabled at some point, without me knowing. There is a thing though, about it needing to be re-authorised every month, right? So, my question is, if that doesn't happen, do you literally lose the license forever, even if you still have the key and an invoice for it?

I am contacting support too, but never hurts to check on here, in case it takes forever to get a reply like with many devs.
N 4 LIFE wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:05 pm for me it usually quits working as soon as i try and use it on a gig and then it ruins the whole evening trying to check to see if i have paid my 20 dollars soon enough!
What's the $20 fee for? Is that for the cloud subscription? Because I only have (or had) 1 lifetime key for 1 VST, not a subscription.
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

20 dollars a month sub

Septic Underground wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:44 am even if they release 1 new synth (typically around 150) it is cheaper to just buy a lifetime for it.
For the digital sample based stuff, it's cheaper just to get a $10 subscription for a month or two and sample everything you want. All the SRX samples and the XV/JV factory samples are in Zenology. They all sound fantastic loaded into Omnisphere or HALion7 you can create a lot more than just four partials per patch also

Better effects, and better modulation options also

IvyBirds wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:24 pm
Septic Underground wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:44 am even if they release 1 new synth (typically around 150) it is cheaper to just buy a lifetime for it.
For the digital sample based stuff, it's cheaper just to get a $10 subscription for a month or two and sample everything you want. All the SRX samples and the XV/JV factory samples are in Zenology. They all sound fantastic loaded into Omnisphere or HALion7 you can create a lot more than just four partials per patch also

You do know that you loose the license to use those sounds after that month has passed and that it is illegal to Copy/Sample the PCM Samples and presets from them.
Your example is just as bad as buying a hw synth online and only return the box within the 30day chargeback period or getting a cracked version of the Software after the Month has passed.

D-Fusion wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:04 pm
IvyBirds wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:24 pm

You do know that you loose the license to use those sounds after that month has passed and that it is illegal to Copy/Sample the PCM Samples and presets from them.
Your example is just as bad as buying a hw synth online and only return the box within the 30day chargeback period or getting a cracked version of the Software after the Month has passed.
So much music in the 90s was made by borrowing Roland units and sampling them into an Akai S-somethingotheother or an Amiga.

N 4 LIFE wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:05 pm
Choikdoi wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:26 am I bought a lifetime key back in November and it has been working ever since, without me needing to manually re-authorise it through the cloud. I assumed because it was in my PC's startup app list. Today my VST wouldn't load up licensed, so I went to my account and it says that it has expired. Turns out that somehow and at sometime without my knowledge, the cloud app got disabled from the startup list.

Still a bit confused about what that means. Do you actually completely lose the license that you bought if that happens?
you don't need to manually re-authorize through the cloud as the roland-ware operates in the background constantly re-authorizing behind the scenes.
It's not running all the time on my PC, as I have it disabled in the startup (RCMServiceStart). But I think once you open the plugin in the DAW, then it runs anyway, and checks if it's been a while since it was last authorized.
Last edited by Examigan on Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I haven't followed this thread for months. Out of curiosity have they mentioned anything about TR-8S updates such as VST editor instead of a standalone app or perhaps are we going to see real TR-8S as a plugin? I mean like the real plugin, full TR-8S as a plugin with sounds not just an editor?

shatteredmindofbob wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:34 pm
So much music in the 90s was made by borrowing Roland units and sampling them into an Akai S-somethingotheother or an Amiga.
And what's amazing is the amount of content in Zenology that Roland sampled from other companies products

IvyBirds wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:28 am
shatteredmindofbob wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:34 pm
And what's amazing is the amount of content in Zenology that Roland sampled from other companies products
To be sampled is to be loved. :phones:

We do not sample from other companies and have no reason to. Roland has over 51 years of sounds to source from.

Yeah I was to have asked the person what who did Roland sample?

Maybe BOSS? (yes that was meant as a joke)
rsp
sound sculptist

There's multiple Fairlight samples in Zenology, among others.

The Korg M1 piano and organ are in there, though they could be recreations.

Jon at Roland wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:18 pm
We do not sample from other companies and have no reason to. Roland has over 51 years of sounds to source from.

Sorry Jon but you are dead wrong, so wrong it's embarrassing, so wrong you should publicly apologize to the community for misrepresenting the product you sell with verifiable incorrect information

Did Roland ever make a Mellotron? Because they are sampled in Zenology, did Roland every make a Fairlight CMI? Because they are sampled in Zenology. Did Roland ever make a Prophet 5? Because they are sampled in Zenology. Did Roland ever make a DX7? Because it's sampled in Zenology. Did Roland ever make a Simmons Drum Machine? Because they are sampled in Zenology. I could go on and on

Eric Persing sampled all kinds of Synths, Keyboards and Drum Machines for the various cards for the JV and XV Synths and those samples are now in Zenology that were not Roland products

You really should launch the SRX Ultimate Keys instrument and look at the following patches

355 Pro 5 BRSS
I was unaware Roland made the Prophet 5
400 T8 Sync
I was unaware Roland made the Prophet T8
420 OB thk Pad.
I was unaware Roland made Oberheim

There are many more examples you don't even need to play the patches and it's no mystery it's right in the name of the patches, and even more when you listen to the actual waveforms. Download the manual for SRX-07 and look at the waveforms or pull them up in the cloud instrument. Eric didn't even hide what they were. The ones that are listed as MM are from the Minimoog, the ones that are listed P5 are from the Prophet 5, OB are Oberheim, Tron are Mellotron, MG are Moog Modular, KG are Korg, 2600 are Arp 2600, B3 is Hammond B3 and the list goes on and on. In fact the bulk of the waveforms are samples from other companies products

Every time your customers buy the Ultimate Keys SRX you are selling them and profiting from other companies Intellectual Property

There is zero doubt that Roland freeley sampled other companies Synths
Last edited by IvyBirds on Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

shatteredmindofbob wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:08 am There's multiple Fairlight samples in Zenology, among others.

The Korg M1 piano and organ are in there, though they could be recreations.
You are correct just look at the Waveforms, Eric Persing didn't even hide it

I stand corrected.
It is my recollection that Eric said he sampled with permission.
(Here for instance https://www.facebook.com/story.php/?id= ... 9534401956)

Didn't realised zenology has (some of) those samples.
rsp
sound sculptist

everybody steals from everybody. some of the best sounds in the KORG vet's could be originally from Roland and vice versa.

Return to “Instruments”