VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aiynzahev wrote:I really like this one.
Will you make a video about it? :)

bmanic wrote:
irvin wrote:Wrong again!

The quality difference between Nimbus, Ultraverb, Verbsuite, etc., and this new reverb is negligible. This is not a game-changer or exceptional product in any sense. Good? Yes. Exceptional? only in your mind.

Any talented chef can make excellent soup with any of those chicken.
You keep missing the part where I explicitly say:
Please note that I'm not talking about sound quality here, I'm talking about reverb DIFFERENCES.
I have a suspicion you are taking this a bit too emotionally. Was just trying to be factual here. Matching one reverb to another is just not possible as far as I know and understand the calculations involved (unless the algorithms are similar/same, as I stated earlier).

Yet again I'm not talking about reverb quality here. Not sure why you keep missing this rather important part of my side of the argument. :shrug:

.. and you completely misunderstood the parable. That was probably my fault with such a bad one. :oops:
And you keep talking about matching reverbs, but nobody is interested in that. Bottom line is this reverb is very nice, but overpriced and there is quite a lot of similar or better quality in the market at similar or lower price: Verbsuite, Nimbus, Verberate, etc.

So, yes, nice, but not worth the asking price, except for plugin collectors. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

You mileage may vary, and that's good, too!

:D

chk071 wrote:
I'm certainly considering it. Either a sort of tutorial on what it does or just some examples of what I use it on.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

educational offtopic.
chk071 wrote:In this case, it's Spire's built in reverb (so i can't use it outside of Spire)
Sure you can — a bit limited, but totally doable scenario.
1) create a long (like 4-5 seconds) sine sweep patch in Spire, be sure to lock your osc phase.
2) sample the result.
3) apply your favourite reverb settings in Spire to the same patch, sample it again with all its tail;
4) now deconvolve it (some options out there, you'll have to google) and you'll get yourself a wave impulse response that you can use in any convolution reverb plugin that suits you.

Cons: you can't tweak settings and you have to do some work, possibly invest, too.
Pros: impossible becomes totally doable. 8)

===

To get back to strangely heated rant:
- generally plugins tend to ask money for something that you can't do anywhere else, or you can't do with the same ease. I think, considering developers and users replies, this one does exactly that.
- I think that judging reverb plugin by its tail only is... somewhat strange;
- I definitely agree that not all reverbs are created equal or even similar — this is not like generating a triangle wave, reverb modelling process is very complex from what I hear. Thus, a lot parameters to define the sound. Usually trying to get one reverb to mimic another is nothing more than fun, but most of the time it's an unreachable task. :)
https://soundcloud.com/vospi
I love music, worked with a number of music/rhythm/dance games like Pump It Up, In The Groove, Cytus and Deemo, and teach music production.

Aiynzahev wrote:
chk071 wrote:
I'm certainly considering it. Either a sort of tutorial on what it does or just some examples of what I use it on.
I'll see your video ONLY!!! if it matches your other videos (!!!)

I also want you to explain if the EARLY!!! reflections can be heard LATE!!! at night.

:hihi:

(It's just a Reverb, boys. settle down. next week/month/year there will be a new toy)

Aiynzahev wrote:
chk071 wrote:
I would love too see that too. Despite my love for plugins (I would consider myself a plugin (actually equipment) collector) I am a very pragmatical guy. Usually I don't like endless controls especially on a reverb. From a musicians perspective I usually just want more/less, short/long, bright/dark, done :D!
That's why I would say I am bit rusty on the TC systems, so a well made tutorial would be appreciated.

eytanmich123 wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:
chk071 wrote:
I'll see your video ONLY!!! if it matches your other videos (!!!)

I also want you to explain if the EARLY!!! reflections can be heard LATE!!! at night.

:hihi:

(It's just a Reverb, boys. settle down. next week/month/year there will be a new toy)
With pre-delay you can hear the early reflections yesterday night.

There have been some good great reverbs in the last few years but this one justs stands out to me, not as something fundamentally "better" (thought maybe it is) but as something that seems to suit my music really well. I'm very picky with reverb, I'll use anything, but I only really like a few things.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Btw. the trial runs 30 days?

irvin wrote:Nice-sounding reverb. Tried it - works very well. No complaints on the sound department. Quite overpriced. With excellent alternatives like Eventide UltraReverb priced significantly lower, I don't see many sales in the horizon.
You might not buy it, but I don't think you are in a position to correctly predict the number of sales it will get.
irvin wrote:
kmonkey wrote: If you can't hear a difference trust me your hearing is damaged. Or simply you don't know what to hear in reverb like the dude which think Eventide Ultra reverb is of same quality.
Hi, Monkey!

I'm "the dude which think Eventide Ultrareverb is of the same quality". Not only that, I also think there's quite a few equal or better at a lower price: Nimbus, Slate's VerbSuite Classics, Hofa, Acon Verberate, etc.

A little tweaking on good music material and all reverbs sound great and virtually identical (in the right hands, of course!). There's no need to go crazy for the latest release - even though I can understand it's a strong urge for "collectors".
I have a lovely collection of Reverbs, but I don't believe I'm simply a collector. The reason why I have different reverbs is because I can hear the difference. I can hear the unique aspects in all these different reverbs I have and I love the fact that I can use the best reverb for the job. I'm happy that I can hear the difference between the UAD AMS RMX16 and the UAD Lexicon 224, or the UAD AKG BX-20 and Acon Digital Verberate, or VSR S24 and Valhalla Room. If you can't hear (or appreciate) the difference between those different reverbs, that's your loss, not mine.

I have added VSR S24 to my collection of reverbs, because I believe it's an awesome reverb and I'm confident that I'm going to use it more than enough to justify the price of admission. For instance, I have the UAD AKG BX-20. I might only use it in one mix out of every ten mixes I do, but when I use it, it's simply perfect and nothing comes close to that particular sound. For me, that makes it worth it to add it to my plugin collection. Not because I'm a "collector" and have a strong urge to get the latest and greatest release, like your patronizing post suggests.
Music... life would be boring without it.

I'm a collector. People collect things that they appreciate. For my own sanity and finances, I have to face the fact I can't collect them all. My collection is already abundant.

The only reason there's beef in this thread is because buyers feel they need to justify their purchases, and contrarians threaten the solidity of said justification. Nothing wrong with either as long as you keep yourself in check :hug:

Good sounding reverb.

The preset browser is not really good. There should be at least a drop-down menu or the more professional way with tags/categories.

There is no option to lock the level knobs? (dry/reverb/ER)

CPU usage is high compared to other reverbs.

Runs without problems in Cubase 9 (Win10/x64).

4damind wrote:Good sounding reverb.

The preset browser is not really good. There should be at least a drop-down menu or the more professional way with tags/categories.

There is no option to lock the level knobs? (dry/reverb/ER)

CPU usage is high compared to other reverbs.

Runs without problems in Cubase 9 (Win10/x64).
Completely agree browser should be better. And with favorites. And yes for lock thing.

CPU seems obvious for what it is capable of and what is running in background (check dev explanation on page 2)

This thread is hilarious. I can totally accept some of you calling me names (well deserved) but i'll just continue laughing to people thinking this reverb is Nimbus or Eventide quality. You must have wax in your ears or something like that. Overpriced? Ahh yes people should give you this reverb for free and even then most of you would piss on it like with every free plugin here.

I think i totally realize why some of you never succeed in music world so you are here on forum whining about something so distant that it is making me laughing. 1. Simply you are deaf. 2. you are deaf like completely. (i know what is my reason ATM but for sure it ain't me being deaf).

:phones: :hyper:

audiosabre wrote:I'm a collector. People collect things that they appreciate. For my own sanity and finances, I have to face the fact I can't collect them all. My collection is already abundant.

The only reason there's beef in this thread is because buyers feel they need to justify their purchases, and contrarians threaten the solidity of said justification. Nothing wrong with either as long as you keep yourself in check :hug:
I agree that justifying one's investment is very often the case. However, personally I can't relate to that by any means. Funny that the following happened to me especially with my last reverb purchases:
I was a happy Exponential Audio Phoenix user and upgraded to Nimbus. I have no clue what is going on (fully knowing that Nimbus is based on Phoenix though) but Nimbus just sucks (for my ears and workflow). Now using VSR S24 (for my ears and workflow currently the best reverb itb) I know, that I won't use Nimbus or even Phoenix anymore for a long time. The Nimbus upgrade was a special offer for Phoenix customers - which is a NFR version. So I can't even resell Nimbus. Quite a few bucks burned now - but I have no clue how this should be connected to the "quality" of either of them. VSR S24 is (now) the hit (for me) no matter how much I spend on Exponential Audio, UAD or the original Lexicon rerverb plugins when they came out... (holy moly!).

4damind wrote:There is no option to lock the level knobs? (dry/reverb/ER)
As the LX480 offers this (additional) lock function for dry/wet I assume that this is going to be implemented soon. Personally I would like to see some macro control to control the complete wet part (early + reverb) with one knob (not always adjusting early + reverb separately).

tedannemann wrote:I agree that justifying one's investment is very often the case. However, personally I can't relate to that by any means.
What can't you relate to? Sorry, didn't really understand that part.

Return to “Effects”