Steinberg HALion 6 & HALion Sonic 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Good to know. :tu:

Yup, mangaed to find it, it got installed to \Program Files\Cakewalk\VstPlugins\Padshop

Annoying that it is not possible to set the installation directory for it.

I prefer the VST2 to the VST3, because for some reason the patch browser at the bottom is not showing up in VST3

Hypnotic Dance lets a user define where to install the VST

Numanoid wrote: I wonder if Padshop Pro is only available as VST3 now ?
Cubase 9 updated Padshop Pro VST3 but not VST2. However, the VST2 is still completely useable here.
Fernando (FMR)

EvilDragon wrote:Looks like HALion Script is Lua, so same as Falcon...
While I'm not the market for these products, this detail makes me smile. I'm using LuaJIT for a bunch of utility scripting these days. Some day (year?) I may even finish my Lua based MIDI mangler.

Numanoid wrote:Yup, mangaed to find it, it got installed to \Program Files\Cakewalk\VstPlugins\Padshop

Annoying that it is not possible to set the installation directory for it.

I prefer the VST2 to the VST3, because for some reason the patch browser at the bottom is not showing up in VST3

Hypnotic Dance lets a user define where to install the VST
That's because the VST3 doesn't have one as its designed to have them loaded by the host as vstpresets.

So is this updated on Mac too?

Re-installed Dark Planet today, and that also allowed me to chose where I wanted to install the VST2

Why can't Steinberg add the same option in the Padshop installer? :?

steinberg is so clunky and has a bad Support i guess imma pass. they were ok when there wasnt many alternatives.
even their installers suck.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

But in the big picture it is a tiny problem. In FL Studio I just need to add another folder to scan in the settings.

HALion 6 looks very interesting, the big problem for me is more how to afford it

Looks these also do soft elicenser now. The dongle requirement always prevented me from considering these. But I do think retrologue sounds good and it seems like halions granular has everything you could want since selling Falcon I do miss a multi stream granular device that works with MPE. That's a great soundscape combo.

I am curious about the wavetable resynthesis here. One of the demos showed importing a sample into the wavetable oscillator. I wonder how long of a sample can be analyzed and what kind of manipulation can be done. Alchemy replacement finally, sort of?

With the new Macs that only support USB-C, how to plug the eLicenser dongle into it ?

Hubs.

EvilDragon wrote:Hubs.
So an extra "dongle" is needed to use the dongle, nice :P

Or something like this:

:P

Return to “Instruments”