Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Scream

Not really feeling the font, its abit small and wide, and the curves (i forgot the name) around "a" "t"..... It gets quite busy
and hard to focus sometime when theres bunch of texts, and too much blank white space on the side. U-he is a great example to check, this is really nitpicky tho.

andy-cytomic wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:47 am Update: I've fixed the old to new version loading of presets, added VST3 support, and ....<snip>...finished.
Thanks Andy! So great to hear The Scream is getting ready for release after i snatched it up eons ago and it already blew my mind and older cpu across the room ;) :hihi: HUGE thanks for the manual and patches you dropped some days earlier. been jonsing for the manual because i'm one for the nitty-gritty. Lookin n' soundin :tu: . All the best on the final lap! :clap:

Anybody using Scream in combo with IK ToneX?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:09 am Anybody using Scream in combo with IK ToneX?
I don't use ToneX, but I play NAM quite a lot, which is pretty close at the core. The Scream works really nice with some captures, not so great with others. So I guess it is pretty much like the HW in that respect.

The Scream works great with ToneX. But it's all about how the capture will respond to the pedal. No different than real life. If you're going to use a pedal for your distortion, or more distortion, you kind of have to dial in the pedal and amp to play nice with each other in order to get the best tone. No real difference with profiles. Some profiles will work better than others.

andy-cytomic wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:49 am I'm getting close to finishing the manual, I'll continually update it as I'm filling in details. I'm using markdown and generating the pdf / html using a tool called pandoc, so the same content can easily be published on the web as well as included in the download as a pdf. I've left the current styling as a LaTex type technical paper for now, please let me know if you think this style is ok.

Any comments or suggestions welcome, especially for any topics you think aren't covered in enough detail, or if you'd like to suggest new things to cover, but hopefully it will already be useful on a bunch of topics:

https://cytomic.com/files/TheScream-Manual.pdf
Bottom of Page 3:
"There are also businesses involved in located vintage op-amp chips to retro fit to new Tube Screamers for those that think it is important to the tone."

That seems like it should say "There are also businesses involved in locating vintage op-amp chips..."

Also, a question: Is the tone knob in the SD-1 mod completely neutral at 50%?
If you do use the tone knob in the SD-1 mod, is it effectively the same as the OD-1?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Has anybody had contact with Andy this past week? I've emailed twice with no response. It's about a license transfer so I'm sure it's not high priority but the website does say they try to get back within 24 hrs and it's been 4 days.

No one? I have two support emails sent in and one is a week old. Surely there must be something going on with Andy/Cytomic

I wouldn't panic or anything. Example: he could just be on a family vacation. He's in the Southern Hemisphere. It's late summer there. There are lots of innocent reasons why he might be backed up on support emails as a one-man shop, but it doesn't hurt to ask here in case your emails are getting bounced to SPAM or something.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:16 pm I wouldn't panic or anything. Example: he could just be on a family vacation. He's in the Southern Hemisphere. It's late summer there. There are lots of innocent reasons why he might be backed up on support emails as a one-man shop, but it doesn't hurt to ask here in case your emails are getting bounced to SPAM or something.
That's what I'm hoping is going on. I just thought maybe he had mentioned a trip or something to somebody here.

Ok, well it's been 2 1/2 weeks since I first contacted Cytomic about the license transfers. I've sent a couple more messages through their web form and even straight to support@. I'd PM him but he has them disabled.

Does anyone here have a way of contacting Andy other than through Cytomic support? I'm not asking for the contact info but I am asking that somebody drop him a line and say "hey, there's an annoying guy on KVR trying to get his licenses transferred, can you check it out?"

jtsterays wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:48 am https://gearspace.com/board/music-compu ... st16952205
He answered 4 days ago
Yeah, my buyer saw that and messaged him. Haven't heard back. :?

Hey, atleast hes still alive.

jtsterays wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:55 pm Hey, atleast hes still alive.
Yes! However, it makes the lack of response even more baffling.

Return to “Effects”