Halion 6 or Falcon?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Falcon HALion 7

I cannot decide which to consider next...any advice or thoughts on pro/cons of each?

Difficult to say anything for certain about Halion 6 when it has not even been released yet.

Pricewise they cost about the same, with Falcon you need iLok, with Halion6 you need the eLicenser.

You can of course use the soft versions of these dongles to authorize, but in the long run dongles are preferred as you want to be able to easily use the products on different computers.

Demo

Elektronisch wrote:Demo
If there would be a demo....

Cinebient wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:Demo
If there would be a demo....
Steinberg do actually give full 30 day demos which is good, there is none for Falcon
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

woodsdenis wrote:Steinberg do actually give full 30 day demos
But so far no demo for Halion 6 ....

Both.

Numanoid wrote:
Give em a chance it hasn't even been released yet
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

woodsdenis wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
Give em a chance it hasn't even been released yet
Of course, I am just saying that like Falcon you can't demo Halion 6 at this particular time.

I would think that only people who have used both would have a valid opinion here - that rules me out as I only have HALion.
I use HALion on every project, often it's the only synth, even though I have a dozen other synths...

Googly Smythe wrote:I would think that only people who have used both would have a valid opinion here - that rules me out as I only have HALion.
Not only because of that, you don't own Halion 6 either.

If I would be interested to know about Kontakt, I would not ask a Kontakt 4 owner for advice, know what I mean :wink:

Halion 6 looks very interesting, and probably would be what i'd buy for sample mangling, and granular stuff.

But, let's face the real consideration here. To dongle, or not to dongle. :evil:

chk071 wrote:But, let's face the real consideration here. To dongle, or not to dongle. :evil:
Halion 6 (and/or HS3) won't need the physical eLicenser just like Falcon won't not need the physical iLok. However Falcon contains 3 activations per license, while I suspect Halion 6 will only contain 1 activation per license.

Aye, all the better. :)

I think Halion 6 can utilize all the physical cores of your processor.

I don't think Falcon does that. So, you can push Halion 6 quite a bit on a multi-core machine, compared to Falcon, which would be much more limited when it comes to utilizing your computer's processing power.

Return to “Instruments”