rookie basic Q ...

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Got a soundcard and the test sine is OK

routed a VST in settings, but i can't hear anything when i playback some loaded data, either from rapid itself or an imported midifile.

is there any simple easy explanation of how to get around the basis setting's and in my case how to get a VST plug to work?

regs, F

You should hear audio when you use either a soundfont or a VSTi plug-in as an instrument for the tracks.
If you right click on a track, please check which instrument is set. If you play a MIDI keyboard, key presses are forwarded to the selected track, so that is another way to test if audio works.
The included sample compositions (click on "New Composition" > "Using...") all use soundfonts and should work when loaded.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Aha !! got sounds coming out now, but with Halion Sonic 2 i experienced occasional crashes while addressing channels and sounds. bugs or buggy? tnkx F

I have just started with RC. Each time I have a session I get more from it. One day....
One of my DAWs is Presonus Studio One, dropping the RC VST on an instrument track and using the midi output of that track as the input to a synth produces sound. I have had trouble with midi notes sounding continuously. Pressing the stop button does not seem to reset the panic button in VST mode.

I do not have access to Halion Sonic 2, but I try to get a license from Steinberg.
The only VSTi plug-in that has known issues with RC is IK Multimedia SampleTank.
You may try to turn off "Data Execution Prevention" for RapidComposer which makes badly behaving plug-ins work more reliably: System Properties - Advanced - Performance - Data Execution Prevention.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”