Reverbs on the same league of Valhalla's?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am looking for reverbs, not spring ones, on the same range of Valhalla's ones.
Anyone?

I love the Eventide reverbs. They're different in character though, and i must confess that i'm not the biggest fan of the Valhalla verbs. Best to demo before buying, surely. If you're looking for something comparable to VRoom, check out Toneboosters TB-Reverb, which is part of the Track Essentials bundle. Great, clean reverb, which really sounds lovely on plucks, and percussions, e.g.

You don't mention if price is a factor or copy protection.
For my two cents the best software reverbs are from exponential audio and relab.dk.

I won't argue they are the same league as valhalla's though ;)

Nor would I say a lexus is in the same league as an aston martin :-)

rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

When you say "on the same range" do you mean price or quality?

Some other excellent reverbs I own are:

1. Relab VSR-S24 (incredibly realistic and hi-fi)
2. Exponential Audio Nimbus (more colourful than VSR-S24, but very high quality and adds a nice sheen to things)
3. Eventide Stereo Room 2016 (an oldie but a goodie for short rooms - based on a classic/vintage digital verb)
4. Slate Digital Verbsuite Classics (convolution/samples of classic digital verbs with some tricks to allow for modulation and some extra tweakability versus stock convolution - very high quality, usable presets)

zvenx wrote:Nor would I say a lexus is in the same range as an aston martin :-)
Funny you mentioned that, I'm about to post a review of Relab's VSR-S24 to Gearslutz, and I actually referred to it as the Aston Martin of reverbs. Spooky.

And to think those Aston Martins only cost 50$ each... :shock:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
zvenx wrote:Nor would I say a lexus is in the same range as an aston martin :-)
Funny you mentioned that, I'm about to post a review of Relab's VSR-S24 to Gearslutz, and I actually referred to it as the Aston Martin of reverbs. Spooky.
Hopefully they address the preset menu and I would somewhat agree with you.
:-)
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

jens wrote:And to think those Aston Martins only cost 50$ each... :shock:
Lol.

rsp
sound sculptist

Isn't Valhalla rather like a Volkswagen? A solid, good quality car, everyone in the common population can afford? ;)

zvenx wrote:Hopefully they address the preset menu and I would mostly agree with you.
:-)
rsp
They've said it's something they're actively working on. That's my only complaint with the plugin, but from a sound and feature perspective, it's otherwise amazing.
chk071 wrote:Isn't Valhalla rather like a Volkswagen? A solid, good quality car, everyone in the common population can afford? ;)
Yeah, I think the analogy here is: Valhalla is to Volkswagon as Relab is to Aston Martin.

chk071 wrote:Isn't Valhalla rather like a Volkswagen? A solid, good quality car, everyone in the common population can afford? ;)

Valhallafalia.

Looks like there is a lot of room and space in it, but probably not many early reflections due to the upholstery 8)

Anyway, frankly, unless a reverb has an ugly metallic sound I don't really hear a difference between different reverbs. So, I am happy with my cheap Toneboosters one :)
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Looks like there is a lot of room and space in it, but probably not many early reflections due to the upholstery 8)

Nice :)

Judging from this stripped VW Bus seat, it might be a spring reverb :hihi:
http://www.socalautoparts.com/images/pr ... 1201_1.jpg

valhallasound wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Looks like there is a lot of room and space in it, but probably not many early reflections due to the upholstery 8)
Was that the inspiration swatch between the 1970's Mode color scheme in Vintage Verb? :P

Return to “Effects”