Please show some interest in sharing your presets!

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been spending a lot of time making presests that take advantage of the Linnstrument's expressive nature and started thinking that we should have a place to exchange presets. I'm not sure what the best way to do that would be but I thought Id get everyone's opinion. This could be a cool way for people who aren't that great at programming synths to learn from those of us who are as well as grow the community. So give me your thoughts on the best way to host and organize said files.

Please read the whole thread!!!!!!!
Last edited by SneakyT on Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Really, no one has any ideas? I kinda feel like we need to include all the other MPE users (Roli,Haken,etc.) into one forum. Anyone?

I guess a simple idea would be to create a sticky thread where the first post gets updated with the presets that people post in it.
Should be sorted after which plugin the preset is for and could contain additional info about the creator and which controller it was designed for. I think it is a really nice idea btw. I guess there are lot of people who want to play but don't have that much knowledge about programming synths and it would also help in making MPE controllers more attractive to new users that are just starting out or are thinking about getting a controller.

Hi Sneaky-- Sorry for not responding sooner. I've just created a new sticky topic for sharing LinnStrument sounds. Thanks for the suggestion and I welcome any further suggestions to improve it.

I recently spoke with Geert about trying to start an expressive centric forum to get all of us (Roli, Linnstrument, K-board Pro, Haken, EWI, Eigenlabs, Madrona etc.) all in one place. We both believe that it's a good idea and I'll be pushing to try and move this idea forward on this site so that all of us can take advantage of other users (regardless of what controller we chose) trying to make expressive sounds. I really feel like this is a revolution in the making. If KVR are receptive to the idea, I would really appreciate everyone here's help in getting this going. The more people we have behind this the easier it will be to get it started. I will do my best to share as much (both MPE and wind controller) content (I play both) as I have time to. I will start by sharing things in this forum till we can get things moving forward. Please help by showing interest even if you have nothing to offer.

I've just written to the co-owner of KVR to learn is they'd be interested in this.

Thanks Roger!

Hi SneakyT,
I do have interest and time permitting will share and help, as always. I have some of those expressive beauties Eigenharps, Continuum and LinnStrument.

"Centric forum" makes more then sense these days; I find discourse forums easier to use or more modern.
http://llllllll.co combine some things... ideas.

I just had a call with Chris and Ben, the principals of KVR. They like the idea of an "MPE sounds" page and are now working on it for KVR. The nice thing about putting it on KVR is that many of the synth companies already have a sound-sharing page with ratings and auto-sort by rating, like this one for Omnisphere:

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/omnisph ... /downloads

So once they create the dedicated "MPE sounds" page, it will immediately become populated with all sounds tagged as "MPE" from all "banks and patches" pages throughout KVR. They will also try to add my suggestion of allowing an audio example of the sound to be uploaded with the patch, so that visitors can quickly audition the sound before going to the trouble of downloading and installing the file.

I'll let you know any news as I receive it.

It makes a lot of sense, very nice!
PhasePhckr (modular MPE VSTi) G+
Fatar88Lux (dyi MIDI brain) bitbucket
Assault Opera - sound cloud | spotify

Thanks Roger for explaining some of the "backgrounds" around KVR ;-)

Wow, cool!

Great idea!

SneakyT, in the interrim perhaps we can just trade links here? Either to KVR patch uploads, specific synth manufacturer pages or dropbox links (or similar). I have a few u-he patches for Diva, ACE and Bazille I plan to share along with design thoughts.
PhasePhckr (modular MPE VSTi) G+
Fatar88Lux (dyi MIDI brain) bitbucket
Assault Opera - sound cloud | spotify

Return to “Roger Linn Design”