Lindell 254E (or now 354)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lindell Audio 254E Lindell Audio 354E

Oh, come on. Another Waves discussion on an unrelated thread?

Yes Waves can be bit tricky to install. Buy them when they are on special and roll the dice. Live a little. Something to tell the grandchildren.

Back to the PLUGIN IN QUESTION. Bought it with a voucher- love it.

Put it on your master bus or any kind of bus and magically glue everything together.

It's really one of those plugins that can rein a mix in and make it cohesive.

Hard to describe. Try it yourself.

The embarrassing thing is I have had the 354 for a while now and I have still yet to get around to using it!! Haha!!

In the writing phase at the moment, so I have less cause for "mix" plugins, even eq. I tend to rely on arrangements mostly before I start processing things. There's always a bit of overlap though.

On 7string guitar bus, it's great (the 354) and I got it for a good price (almost didn't get it)

Anyways, the waves conversations have GOT TO GO, or it's lock city.

Yeah f**k Waves. Lindell is awesome.
I'm looking to buy the 254E and the 354E, also the 7X-500... i'd swap for any of these for all of my Waves plugins.

The only thing i don't like is the latency in some of them.
The 254E is a stunner really, but I've been doing my best to fight the GAS. I ended up replacing all of my now expired demo instances of the 254E with the compressor on bx_console, simply cos it's the only other Neve style compressor I own i think... which is also a great compressor, but probably not a suitable replacement for the 254E, considering the limited attack options. The limiter side of things i didn't really test intensively, but it sounded great on my drums :)

I'll get around to demoing the 354E one day... I'm hoping these PA vouchers keep coming, my sound is getting so much tighter using their plugins i think.

sqigls wrote:Yeah f**k Waves. Lindell is awesome.
I'm looking to buy the 254E and the 354E, also the 7X-500... i'd swap for any of these for all of my Waves plugins.

The 254E is a stunner really, but I've been doing my best to fight the GAS. I ended up replacing all of my now expired demo instances of the 254E with the compressor on bx_console, simply cos it's the only other Neve style compressor I own i think... which is also a great compressor, but probably not a suitable replacement for the 254E, considering the limited attack options. The limiter side of things i didn't really test intensively, but it sounded great on my drums :)

I'll get around to demoing the 354E one day... I'm hoping these PA vouchers keep coming, my sound is getting so much tighter using their plugins i think.
Check Thomann, some of them are way cheaper than PA especially if you get stung by Vat. They have the ChannelX bundle which for some reason doesn't appear to be available from PA
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I wound up passing on this for now, as I needed a good and efficient guitar amp sim
(for Reason mostly) more than "another" comp. Even though I could have grabbed it for $4.
I never took a liking to bx RockRack Pro (V2), but I found V3 much improved so I used my $75 voucher
on that. I already have most of the Lindell plugins and anticipate picking this
up at a later date. No doubt PA will provide another great deal on it at some point.

-Cheers

sqigls wrote:Yeah f**k Waves. Lindell is awesome.

Like I said, bro, you're never gonna get it cheaper. It's obvious you really want it bad.

I didn't get to demo it before the offer expired. Currently demoing the vsc-2, it's cool but wondering now as I've the glue with ableton, Waves ssl channel and overtones 4000dyn the 254e would have been a bigger contrast to what I already have.

@sqigls is the bx_console comp somewhat similar to the 254e? Just curious, as that's a plugin I've got my eye on

Return to “Effects”