Lindell 254E (or now 354)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lindell Audio 254E Lindell Audio 354E

And making tracks with the 7 string (which is still driving me NUTS with the tuning issues all of the sudden :x )

incubus wrote:You guys are right, but FFS, I was on the fence and get it for that price?

I figured that the "til April 30th" price expired yesterday :shrug:
It probably should have, but, sometimes they don't. One thing that I've really managed to get under control in terms of gas is FOMO. Yeah, it's on sale, but, it's PA, it will be on sale again. So, if I don't get it, I don't get it. Same with the awesome reverbs this month, which I may never get at that price again, meh, I just won't get them.

Still using the hell out of BlackHole, Verb3, and Ultrareverb. And, what can I say, EchoBoy is the new joy!

Yeah I haven't grabbed the Black Box HG-2 yet. The sale price was still a bit up there for the budget I had at the time... but there will be another sale.

At least i walked away with The Acme Opticom as a consolation prize. Bloody good consolation prize at that!!

Hmmm Opticom, sounds like a Transformer. Haha!!!

ghettosynth wrote:
incubus wrote:You guys are right, but FFS, I was on the fence and get it for that price?

It probably should have, but, sometimes they don't. One thing that I've really managed to get under control in terms of gas is FOMO. Yeah, it's on sale, but, it's PA, it will be on sale again. So, if I don't get it, I don't get it. Same with the awesome reverbs this month, which I may never get at that price again, meh, I just won't get them.

Still using the hell out of BlackHole, Verb3, and Ultrareverb. And, what can I say, EchoBoy is the new joy!
Did you finally stop whining and get echoboy????????? Man, that is just digital sex for me :love:

incubus wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:

Did you finally stop whining and get echoboy????????? Man, that is just digital sex for me :love:
Yes, when sweetwater had it for $49.

:clap:

simon.a.billington wrote:Yeah I haven't grabbed the Black Box HG-2 yet. The sale price was still a bit up there for the budget I had at the time... but there will be another sale.

At least i walked away with The Acme Opticom as a consolation prize. Bloody good consolation prize at that!!

Blackbox is bloody awesome, but took me a while to tone it down and not blitz everything with it. You would think it would go on a sale at some stage.
The Acme is a surprisingly good compressor too, so you did well.

ftech wrote:
simon.a.billington wrote:Yeah I haven't grabbed the Black Box HG-2 yet. The sale price was still a bit up there for the budget I had at the time... but there will be another sale.

Blackbox is bloody awesome, but took me a while to tone it down and not blitz everything with it. You would think it would go on a sale at some stage.
The Acme is a surprisingly good compressor too, so you did well.
I like to think I did.

I had a $75 voucher when the Acme was on a $79 flash sale...gave me a chance to upgrade my BX Rockrack to version 3 while I was at it.
I actually felt a little guilty nabbing that comp for next to nothing. It's such a good plugin.

Yeah a similar thing happened to me when I got either the VSM or 354 and it did feel a little wrong.

PA are like Waves... RRP is a facade :D

I haven't even got my waves shell up and running on this computer :lol: :nutter:

I'm f**king hopeless when it comes to plugs. I've bought and sold so many. But at least now I feel really comfy with what I have and NEVER pay full price (a sickness I had at one time)

incubus wrote:I haven't even got my waves shell up and running on this computer :lol: :nutter:

I'm f**king hopeless when it comes to plugs. I've bought and sold so many. But at least now I feel really comfy with what I have and NEVER pay full price (a sickness I had at one time)
Yep, full price is bullllllshit! You REALLY have to have something going on for that, or your price has to be so low that it doesn't matter.

You have to understand, in the "olden days" you didn't have a choice. Funny, I was just thinking about sound on sound article from maybe even before I moved into this house (12 years ago) where it said about some long-gone company (that, to be fair, made some nice stuff) that "you owe it to yourself to get a really good eq" which was a death-knell for me :lol:

incubus wrote:You have to understand, in the "olden days" you didn't have a choice. Funny, I was just thinking about sound on sound article from maybe even before I moved into this house (12 years ago) where it said about some long-gone company (that, to be fair, made some nice stuff) that "you owe it to yourself to get a really good eq" which was a death-knell for me :lol:
I vaguely remember. I avoided going ITB in the olden days. Frankly, I thought synth plugin prices were just stupid and they sounded like shit. I still think that most of those old plugins sound like shit BTW. Not the effects so much, but pretty much every subtractive model that there was.

My first plugins were Komplete 5 back in 2009. Before that I was all out of the box with mostly analog synths, quite a few romplers and RS7000s for sequencers feeding an AW4416. The AW of course, essentially had plugins running on a dedicated computer.

I tried going ITB earlier for some stuff, but, just going to say it, Cakewalk Audio sucked ass!

These days though, things are cheap and sound good.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Thu May 04, 2017 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”