Favorite DAW 2017?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion

What is the Favorite DAW (Cross Platform) now?

Ableton (W/M)
14%
Cockos Reaper (W/M)
20%
MOTU Digital Performer (W/M)
2%
Mutools Mulab (W/M)
4%
Presonus Studio One (W/M)
13%
Propellerhead Reason (W/M)
2%
Steinberg Cubase (W/M)
17%
Ardour (W/M/L)
0%
Bitwig (W/M/L)
19%
Harrison Mixbus (W/M/L)
1%
Renoise (W/M/L)
2%
Tracktion (W/M/L)
4%

Total votes: 216

RELATED
PRODUCTS

These recent polls seem purposely divisive to me and by their end, more indicative of psychological marketing than anything else. Has me wondering what are the real choices that do their best to play well in the most environments and without demanding you buy their hardware to use it fully?

So I've purposely left off anything that is one platform only or only works full featured with their hardware.
Of these, which one is the favorite?:
Last edited by BBFG# on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Bitwig Studio supports all platforms (W/M/L) and has said they will be delivering a major update at the end of this month (in 2017)? Not sure why it was omitted from your list.

Also, if people use multiple DAW's that are favorites for different purposes, what is the criteria for selecting their favorite?

They can only pick one. Which will be renamed to the Highlander edition.
Last edited by EdSevered on Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gaslighting...is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

I don't quite get the point of this. Could you elaborate?

EdSevered wrote:Bitwig Studio supports all platforms (W/M/L)
They can only pick one?
Fixed and yep, only one.

To elaborate for chk071; deciding a 'best' because of your hardware is as much or more about that hardware. If for some reason, I would have to start over, I feel being locked into just PC or just MAC confining. I think I would prefer being able to pick up and leave a system the moment it starts treating me like a herd animal. Some companies/developers do their best to market us into a corner and then show us nothing but disrespect and even contempt. Like a bad marriage, "you can leave anytime, but everything you've done, may get damaged trying to take it elsewhere". For someone just starting, I feel this relationship is something to be considered.

No FL? It has the Mac version almost finished....

Regnas wrote:No FL? It has the Mac version almost finished....
And there is FL Studio running on Android.

But this is not a proper poll, as it lacks the option of the Fish DAW :hihi:

BBFG# wrote:These recent polls seem purposely divisive to me and by their end, more indicative of psychological marketing than anything else.
The OP seem to be a victim of that himself.

This is just a very badly researched poll.

So many cross platform DAWs are missing from the options, where are Renoise, EnergyXT or LMMS to mention just a few.

Numanoid wrote:

Key word is "now". So if it's a future promise, it gets left out for "now".
Meaning no FL or Sonar (yet) and Android and iOS are a different market.
I found these by checking out what some of the online shops offer and what I see discussed here most often. I'll add Renoise. (Sorry, it seemed to reset the votes, so won't add anymore.)
And since the fish are allowed to vote, they aren't allowed to vote for themselves. But you can change your vote at any time.
Last edited by BBFG# on Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

You forgot Avid Pro Tools...

You forgot saw studio. It's the most analog.

It isn't multi platform i'm afraid.

Ah. Well, I'll go back to making music then :hihi:

BBFG# wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

Android and iOS are a different market.
Not anymore, see:
http://www.jide.com/remixos-for-pc
http://www.phoenixos.com/

NOT MY DAW! NOT MY DAW!. :help:
Gaslighting...is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

I voted, but all of these poles are so bogus. Use whatever you like. I think it's truly awesome that we have so many options!!!!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”