Something isn't right - matrix electro

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

paying tribute to one of my favorite movies
yeah, it sounds like crap, made with 32bit plugins and 32bit old headphones.

https://soundcloud.com/layzerkvr/ramire ... isnt-right

bass - tal elektro
strings - short circuit
keys - klc M1
arps - vanguard
drums - Linplug Rm4

enjoy!
:?:
Last edited by layzer on Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Nice, guess us 8 bit f**kers are totally screwed,lol.

Nice one Layzer, very nice flow in the vocal chopping. An artform in itself.

Get rid of the sibilance in the vocals - the 's's are the loudest thing in the mix when they are there. Sonnox Suppressor is great, or BX_dynEQ.

Sounds great layzer...
Maybe you should have used 8bit plugins to get it just right...
Like it anyway!
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

ResonantMind.ca wrote:Get rid of the sibilance in the vocals - the 's's are the loudest thing in the mix when they are there. Sonnox Suppressor is great, or BX_dynEQ.
says the dude whos vocals on his track sounds like total crap....
perhaps you should take your own advice, huh buddy? :roll: :roll: :roll:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=480261
low-fi or whatever, it sounds horrible. no butthurt intended. :hug:

layzer wrote:
ResonantMind.ca wrote:Get rid of the sibilance in the vocals - the 's's are the loudest thing in the mix when they are there. Sonnox Suppressor is great, or BX_dynEQ.
the voice samples were taken directly from the movie DVD, so if theres a problem
with sibilence, then the problem is with the movie studio's sound engineers.
so whatever, dude.

layzer wrote:
layzer wrote:
layzer wrote:[quote="<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">ResonantMind.ca</span>"]Get rid of the sibilance in the vocals - the 's's are the loudest thing in the mix when they are there. Sonnox Suppressor is great, or BX_dynEQ.
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0261</span>
the voice samples were taken directly from the movie DVD, so if theres a problem
so whatever, dude.[/quote]

Weak. Your title is definitely 'right' though, something isn't right - which is originally what I thought the title of the thread was proclaiming, not a song title. Although I now realize it is a song title, I still think something isn't right both with you and your track - maybe there's correlation there... I mean common man, way to overlook a hugely important detail like sibilance.

Films/DVD Audio has a much greater dynamic range. The film audio, is also not originally existing within a electro music mix. I'm guessing you applied, if not processing to individual film elements, processing on the master bus - EQ, compression, peak limiting? So that original dynamic range from the film is gone and normal compression generally makes sibilance worse, hence the need for sibilant specific compressors, or compressors with key input side-chain.

As for the rest of the mix, and the track in general - meh. You're definitely way too much of a dick for such meh'ness..

nice :D

.....how do we buy vanguard? go back to past century?

ResonantMind.ca wrote:
layzer wrote:
layzer wrote:
layzer wrote:[quote="<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">ResonantMind.ca</span>"]Get rid of the sibilance in the vocals - the 's's are the loudest thing in the mix when they are there. Sonnox Suppressor is great, or BX_dynEQ.
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0261</span>
so whatever, dude.
Weak. Your title is definitely 'right' though, something isn't right - which is originally what I thought the title of the thread was proclaiming, not a song title. Although I now realize it is a song title, I still think something isn't right both with you and your track - maybe there's correlation there... I mean common man, way to overlook a hugely important detail like sibilance.

Films/DVD Audio has a much greater dynamic range. The film audio, is also not originally existing within a electro music mix. I'm guessing you applied, if not processing to individual film elements, processing on the master bus - EQ, compression, peak limiting? So that original dynamic range from the film is gone and normal compression generally makes sibilance worse, hence the need for sibilant specific compressors, or compressors with key input side-chain.

As for the rest of the mix, and the track in general - meh. You're definitely way too much of a dick for such meh'ness..[/quote]

i see you are a forum NOOB. explains alot. keep talking smack all you want, it will only make you and your user account here look even more stupid. haa

ResonantMind.ca wrote: Weak. Your title is definitely 'right' though, something isn't right
truth of the matter is, your mixing/mastering sounds like crap on your own tracks.
like a completely deaf person produced them. Therefore you have no
room to say what is wrong or right on anyone elses tracks.... the DICK has spoken,
case closed. :wink:

A little defensive here aren't we son? He didn't wade in using terms like, 'horrendous' or histrionically assert that he had to stop listening, merely offered some reasonable advice to which you've massively overreacted. Perhaps you may wish to consider the tone of your interactions with others given your seeming inability to take even measured, constructive criticism, seeing it as some kind of personal affront.

The Music Cafe forum has always been good natured for the vast,vast majority of the time, with helpful advice being offered, and very little egocentric posturing from people who claim a monopoly on wisdom. You seem to be on a one man crusade to change that of recent times. I suggest you calm down a little. Take this in the spirit it is intended as friendly advice from someone who isn't a, 'forum NOOB'.

donkey tugger wrote:A little defensive here aren't we son? He didn't wade in using terms like, 'horrendous' or histrionically assert that he had to stop listening, merely offered some reasonable advice to which you've massively overreacted. Perhaps you may wish to consider the tone of your interactions with others given your seeming inability to take even measured, constructive criticism, seeing it as some kind of personal affront.

The Music Cafe forum has always been good natured for the vast,vast majority of the time, with helpful advice being offered, and very little egocentric posturing from people who claim a monopoly on wisdom. You seem to be on a one man crusade to change that of recent times. I suggest you calm down a little. Take this in the spirit it is intended as friendly advice from someone who isn't a, 'forum NOOB'.
who are you? the forum white knight? go tug your donkey somewhere else, sheesh. :roll:

btw, i may have said his mixing is horrendous but at least i didn't use profanity by calling him
a dick.....how did your white knightness miss that. :?:

Marvellous.

layzer wrote: i see you are a forum NOOB. explains alot. keep talking smack all you want, it will only make you and your user account here look even more stupid. haa
I'm okay with being a forum noob... It's fairly clear your life doesn't exist very far outside of a forum - your lack of real world human interaction shows.
layzer wrote:Weak. Your title is definitely 'right' though, something isn't right

truth of the matter is, your mixing/mastering sounds like crap on your own tracks.
like a completely deaf person produced them. Therefore you have no
room to say what is wrong or right on anyone elses tracks.... the DICK has spoken,
case closed.
So as I make me and my user account here look even more stupid, let's take the opportunity to explore your great logic.

If two new Chess players are at the board playing, and one remembers how all the pieces move except for the Knight, and the other player doesn't know how any of the pieces move with the exception of the knight... That players knowledge of the knight is irrelevant?

I'm not really sure why I'm using this analogy though, because it's pretty clear I know the Chess board a lot better than you, and that's why I am butt hurt - no no, not because of your comments... Because I've been sitting for long hours getting paid to mix. You see, that client, LOVED the mix - and they paid me for it - which is a much better indicator for me, than some little internet diNK (dick wasn't the right description) whose track sounds like an old unmixed Madonna demo that never made the cut.

I wonder why I'm getting paid for this, and you're not (I'm guessing).
Here, have another happy customer -
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=480402

Return to “Music Cafe”