AudioThing Outer Space - Tape Echo - NEW v2.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Outer Space

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Do you not email licence holders about updates?
Yes we do. The update newsletter is scheduled for tomorrow.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

Noticed a small bug with 1.03 (not sure if it occurred in prior versions).

Description: When assigning the Mode knob to a hardware controller, the GUI can show one mode (11) while the unit itself is actually in another mode (10). This happened with Studio One.

To reproduce:

1. In your host, assign a hardware knob to the Mode knob
2. Move the knob so it's displaying a value of say between 86.61 and 90.55 (Studio One scales incoming MIDI/controller data to values between 0-100)

Result: The Mode knob will show mode 11 on the GUI (which should be all 3 tape heads + reverb), but the Tape Head indicator and the sound will actually be reflecting Mode 10 (tape heads 1 and 3 + reverb).

3. Now, increase the Mode knob slightly so it's between 91.34 and 93.7

Result: Mode 11 is on as expected.

4. Now, increase the mode knob to about 97.64

Result: The GUI shows "Reverb Only" but the tape heads from Mode 11 are still active. Etc.

I'm not sure if this would happen in every host, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does. I think the Mode position on the GUI isn't always in sync with the "behind the scenes" type values.

EDIT:
I'd also venture to guess that the same would occur with automation.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Noticed a small bug with 1.03 (not sure if it occurred in prior versions).

Description: When assigning the Mode knob to a hardware controller, the GUI can show one mode (11) while the unit itself is actually in another mode (10). This happened with Studio One.
Yes, I can confirm it does the same thing in Logic. Must be some inconsistency in the normalization of the parameter (internally stored as 0..1) and the resolution of the knob. I'll fix it in the next update.

Thank you for the fixes.. much appreciated :)
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

vic_france wrote:Thank you for the fixes.. much appreciated :)
No problem, now I'll try to focus on the rear panel :)

First video Review / Overview, check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP1XXNgAhj8

audiothing wrote:
karrikuh wrote:Looks pretty much perfect to me! Will it somehow be possible to set the delay time to 0 so that I can use it as just a tape emulation (wow&flutter, saturation)?
Thanks! No, at least not at the moment, but could be a nice feature to add in the future. I'm considering adding a rear panel with additional settings. We'll see ;)
i really like this delay and i think that if you are going to implement these options in the rear panel it will make it more versatile. please think about it to make wow and flutter separately tuneable (with and without delay)

The Roland Juno 106 through this is my new favorite thing.

Sorry for the long delay :dog:
Dimzo wrote:i really like this delay and i think that if you are going to implement these options in the rear panel it will make it more versatile. please think about it to make wow and flutter separately tuneable (with and without delay)
It's something I'd like to add yes, but I'm still deciding all the features and layout, it'll take more than I expected.
malachy5 wrote:The Roland Juno 106 through this is my new favorite thing.
Oh! I'd love to hear it :)

Update v1.0.5
- Added: Wet Only Lock function*
- Fixed: Mode selector showing wrong value when automated
- Fixed: WaveLab issue with Synced presets
- Fixed: Pro Tools 12.7.1+ CPU bug
- Fixed: Bypass Automation CPU bug

* This can be useful when using Outer Space as a send effect while browsing the presets. You can access it by clicking on the More button.

You can update by downloading the demo versions from the product page or as usual in the user area: https://www.audiothing.net/account/

Is the back panel idea still in the works ? :)

1.0.5 cool. :party: I really hope that Outer Space is a great success for you and Audiothing.
After this I hope you create a Bricasti Reverb emulation. :)

audiothing wrote:Sorry for the long delay :dog:
Dimzo wrote:i really like this delay and i think that if you are going to implement these options in the rear panel it will make it more versatile. please think about it to make wow and flutter separately tuneable (with and without delay)
It's something I'd like to add yes, but I'm still deciding all the features and layout, it'll take more than I expected.
malachy5 wrote:The Roland Juno 106 through this is my new favorite thing.
Oh! I'd love to hear it :)
don't worry :wink:
it is an awesome delay anyway and i'm enjoying it. 8)

Richard deHove wrote:Is the back panel idea still in the works ? :)
Absolutely! Can't give an ETA yet as we are working on some other updates.
TheKid wrote:1.0.5 cool. :party: I really hope that Outer Space is a great success for you and Audiothing.
After this I hope you create a Bricasti Reverb emulation. :)
Thanks! Well, Fog Convolver is going to get True Stereo very soon and there are a few free Bricasti IR libraries out there :)
Dimzo wrote:don't worry :wink:
it is an awesome delay anyway and i'm enjoying it. 8)
I'm happy that you like it! :)

Check this tutorial on how to get that Dub Reggae style vocal with Outer Space: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA9la61vOVs

Return to “Effects”