AudioThing Outer Space - Tape Echo - NEW v2.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Outer Space

Lotuz2019 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:11 am @Carlo:

Would a 0 ms mode (only tape sound, no repeats) be possible? At the moment the closest setting is head 1 at 60 ms (Wet Only on, Intensity at 0).
I don't want to turn this into a "just tape" plugin, so probably not. But I'll think about it.

Home Studio 87 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:42 am
aMUSEd wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:48 pm Getting some pops when changing presets and in particular the preset 'Wider' can't be played on my system (M1Max) without shutting down the audio engine
Same for me.... instant crash when selecting this preset....
This should be fixed now with the beta version you can find in your user area.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

yes fixed, thank you
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 11 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 13 / VEP7 / 24 ch X-Touch / Console 1 /Metagrid Pro / Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2 / Roli Seabord

Yes fixed here too

@Carlo:
Drops

Controls the amount of volume loss in the tape emulation
What I really would like is for Drops to also affect the high frequencies. Bad spots in the tape and dirty heads usually don't only lower the volume, they also sound as if there is a LP filter applied. These subtle to severe volume and frequency fluctuations make the tape echo sound more lively.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:32 am What I really would like is for Drops to also affect the high frequencies. Bad spots in the tape and dirty heads usually don't only lower the volume, they also sound as if there is a LP filter applied. These subtle to severe volume and frequency fluctuations make the tape echo sound more lively.
That's already baked in the tape emulation itself, and it's speed-dependent (and also a bit more noticeable on the old tape type).
The idea behind the drops parameter is that it affects three things, the tape itself, the record head, and the play heads. My unit came with a nice RT-1L tape that eventually wore out, creating points in the tape where the record head could not write at all. When I was doing the first tests for the emulations, after spending hours and hours on it, I could anticipate exactly when it was going to happen :)

8)

Maybe I've been watching too many YouTube vids with beat-up Space Echo units. :lol:

@Carlo:

Could you please put Mono Sum before the head panning instead of after?

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:27 am @Carlo:

Yes, that’s fixed in the beta available in your user area.

audiothing wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:49 pm
Lotuz2019 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:27 am @Carlo:

Yes, that’s fixed in the beta available in your user area.
This seems to be the same version that you sent me by e-mail, but I’ll give it a try nonetheless.

To be clear I’m not talking about the mono sum bug. That indeed was fixed. Thanks again. 8) I’d like to be able to pan the heads in mono mode. To achieve that now I use Outer Space in stereo mode as a send effect with a stereo to mono plugin before it. It would be nice if you could use Outer Space in mono mode as insert effect and still pan the heads.

Edit: I was using build 4555, but build 4558 seems to do what I want. :)

Yes the new build fixes that. We are adding/fixing a few more things and will probably release a 2.1 soon.

:tu:

is it good ? .,...compared to others of such style.
edit: nevermind, found the answer

Return to “Effects”