AudioThing Outer Space - Tape Echo - NEW v2.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Outer Space

just bought this and want to say that you guys really nailed it.

this really fulfilled my need for wanting a space echo again.

At $39, it's a no brainer.

Good job.

plexuss wrote:The percussive wind-like sound that opens and closes this track is through Outer Space as well some others in this:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/al ... logy-today
Wonderful, thank you for sharing it! Love it! :)
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

TheKid wrote:Hello Carlo,

I bought Outer Space and just wanted to chime in here to congratulate you for a very good and special plugin. You and your whole audiothing endeavour really evolved. More than two years have gone by since I bought my MiniBit (all you others check out that nasty, little beeper!) and you really raised the bar since then even more.

Keep it up, you got the perfectly right direction. :)
Thank you so much! Omg, it's been more than 2 years now since miniBit!? You reminded me that I actually have an update for it...better get to work :D
Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it.

seamoss wrote:just bought this and want to say that you guys really nailed it.

this really fulfilled my need for wanting a space echo again.

At $39, it's a no brainer.

Good job.
Thanks, I'm happy that you like it :)
I wanted one for so long! When I got it I fell in love with that dirty spring reverb, that's why I released the reverb first!

New Update v1.0.2

- Added: Delay now clears the feedback loop after playback restarts
- Added: Drop-down menu for synced values
- Added: You can now click on the Mode dial values to change mode
- Fixed: Pro Tools bug where Heads values were not recalling correctly on saved projects
- Fixed: Noise and Intensity Random Lock

You can update by downloading the demo versions from the product page or as usual in the user area: https://www.audiothing.net/account/

I have to admit, I demoed OuterVerb a few weeks ago and thought 'This is nice, but I don't really need it'.
Then I went and demoed Outer Space whilst I was working on a track a couple of days ago, just to see what the update and extended features was all about, and wow! Totally into the sound of it.
I had some virtual cash sitting in my Plugin Boutique account, so ended up getting a real bargain.

ftech wrote:I have to admit, I demoed OuterVerb a few weeks ago and thought 'This is nice, but I don't really need it'.
Then I went and demoed Outer Space whilst I was working on a track a couple of days ago, just to see what the update and extended features was all about, and wow! Totally into the sound of it.
I had some virtual cash sitting in my Plugin Boutique account, so ended up getting a real bargain.
Thanks for the feedback :) Yes, the echo section was definitely needed, enjoy!

audiothing wrote:- Added: Drop-down menu for synced values
:hug:

audiothing wrote:- Added: You can now click on the Mode dial values to change mode
Small changes that make huge differences :clap: :clap:

This is getting painful for me.

I started a thread, here, encouraging people to join me in a challenge to not buy any new gear in 2017. This is the first thing that has come along to really tempt me.

It's going to be a very long year :scared: :scared:

Have fun el-bo!

meanwhile enjoying limitless GAS XD

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:

This is getting painful for me.

I started a thread, here, encouraging people to join me in a challenge to not buy any new gear in 2017. This is the first thing that has come along to really tempt me.

It's going to be a very long year :scared: :scared:
Just be happy about it, you ain't got a gigantic credit card bill coming your'e way in a few day's due to excessive GAS :dog:
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

So is Outer Verb still a thing?

One thing I think would be a nice addition would be a way to change the 'slew rate' when changing the delay time. Currently I find the delay time changes way too fast, especially when increasing the delay time which seems to happen instantaneously (bug?). I know I could chain up some parameter automation to do this externally, but it would be nice to have it on board.

Another thing I found is the reverb is way darker than I remember from the space echos I've played around with. Granted, it's been a long time. Not really a show stopper, just curious why it is like this. Is it something that varies wildly between units?

aMUSEd wrote:So is Outer Verb still a thing?
no, that has turned into outer space now, wich includes the reverb and the nice delay.

@audiothing: what do you think about an undo/redo option in the plugin? And will the delay set itself to highest oversampling when bouncing?

aMUSEd wrote:So is Outer Verb still a thing?
No, as said by .maki, Outer Verb is now discontinued, but all Outer Verb owners should now have a free copy of Outer Space (if not, contact us).
It was the only reasonable and fair solution I could find :)

.maki wrote:@audiothing: what do you think about an undo/redo option in the plugin? And will the delay set itself to highest oversampling when bouncing?
Hmm, honestly I've never considered a undo/redo system for my plugins, it would require some major redesign in the framework. I'll consider it, but can't guarantee it right now.
Regarding the oversampling, no, when bouncing the plugin will behave exactly as set by the user. Oversampling will change the sound quality, not necessarily in a good/desirable way.

Return to “Effects”