It's That Time Again...I Need A Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well here are some more, but remember your users may have better eyesight than you:
Audjoo Helix
Chromaphone
Diversion
Enzyme
Greenoak Crystal for iPad and Desktop
Lounge Lizard
Lush 101
Nexus
Reaktor
Rhino
Roland SH2
Sforzando
String Studio
Strum2
Surge
Symptohm
Synplant
Tassman
Ultra Analog
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

wagtunes wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Cinebient wrote:What about patch banks for FX plug-ins?
Never tested that market. Have no clue if they would sell or not and don't want to waste my time trying to find out.
Weird...maybe stop wasting time to searching for the next synth if there aren´t much left.
You seems to have enough time here on KVR.....sorry couldn´t resist (don´t take it personally).
It isn't wasted time if I get a synth suggestion that I can use to make a library with.

And so far, these threads have been anything but a waste of time.

Synths that I bought because of the suggestions in these threads.

Diva
Dune 2
Spire
Wiggle
Z3ta+2

So as you can see, this hasn't been a waste of time.
And how do you know if something is wasted if you never tryed it. Of course there is a risk.
But you know, no risk, no fun!

cryophonik wrote:These two seem sorta obvious, so I'm guessing there's a reason you've not done a bank for them, but:

Rob Papen Predator 2
FXpansion Strobe 2

Maybe it would be equally helpful if you also listed in your OP the ones you've already tried and dismissed. I appreciate the fact that you take time for personal responses, but it would probably save you a lot of typing in the long run! :P
Predator 2 - Didn't like the original. In additional, my other Papen synth was a very poor seller. So I'm staying away from anymore of his stuff.

Strobe 2 - You're the 2nd person who suggested this. Didn't like the original synths. GUIs were train wrecks. Maybe I'll give Strobe 2 a try if I already haven't. Don't remember. I only remember the originals (forget what the set was called) had some of the worst GUIs. At least to me.

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Do you have all your daily fiber & grains?

I'd go full whole wheat with granular. Granite or Padshop perhaps?

Michael L wrote:Well here are some more, but remember your users may have better eyesight than you:
Audjoo Helix
Chromaphone
Diversion
Enzyme
Greenoak Crystal for iPad and Desktop
Lounge Lizard
Lush 101
Nexus
Reaktor
Rhino
Roland SH2
Sforzando
String Studio
Strum2
Surge
Symptohm
Synplant
Tassman
Ultra Analog
Audjoo Helix - Small GUI
Chromaphone - Not sure there is a market
Diversion - Hate the filters on this thing
Enzyme - GUI
Greenoak Crystal for iPad and Desktop - GUI
Lounge Lizard - Never heard of it, Will check it out.
Lush 101 - Too much stuff on one screen. Another Poly-Ana
Nexus - Rompler. See no market here.
Reaktor - See no market here either
Rhino - GUI
Roland SH2 - Synth did nothing for me
Sforzando - Never heard of it
String Studio - Have it. Don't even consider it a synth so took it off
Strum2 - Also, not a synth
Surge - GUI
Symptohm - GUI
Synplant - Can't wrap my brain around how to program this oddball
Tassman - GUI, old, and doesn't work well in my DAW
Ultra Analog - Another one where I don't see a market.

Neon Breath wrote:Do you have all your daily fiber & grains?

I'd go full whole wheat with granular. Granite or Padshop perhaps?
Granite I have. Don't like it at all. The Mangle is 100 times better and that's one of my better selling libraries, oddly.

Padshop - Have been thinking of upgrading to Pro and actually doing a library for it. So this is a definite maybe.

Aloysius wrote:http://bit.ly/4kb77v
Ha ha, very funny.

But if you will tell me you can´t get more out of Falcon, Omnisphere and a few of the others it sounds weird too.
Like mentioned. Quality should be before quantity.
Not that i think all your patches are crap and i´m sure you have a user base. But they seems to be rushed out one after one and doesn´t seem to were made with deep thoughts and playability in mind.
I have the feeling that you never explored really one of your synths.
No synth will make you happy.
However, i wish you the best and that you find what you search.
Good luck.

wagtunes wrote: Predator 2 - Didn't like the original. In additional, my other Papen synth was a very poor seller. So I'm staying away from anymore of his stuff.
Yeah, I didn't care much for Predator v1, either, and ended up selling it, but it seems to be a pretty popular synth and it's pretty straightforward to use IME. I'm not so sure that your Blue 2 bank sales is a good indicator of what sales for Predator v2 could be. Blue 2 is one of my favorite synths ever, but it seems to have more of a niche following that, in my own personal observations, seems to include people who mostly like to roll their own sounds. Not to mention that I can't even recall the number of "favorite synth" polls I've seen over the years that included Predator, but omitted Blue. Predator seems to appeal more to the masses and is obviously more well-known, but I don't create commercial preset banks, so I could be way off.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Cinebient wrote:But if you will tell me you can´t get more out of Falcon, Omnisphere and a few of the others it sounds weird too.
Like mentioned. Quality should be before quantity.
Not that i think all your patches are crap and i´m sure you have a user base. But they seems to be rushed out one after one and doesn´t seem to were made with deep thoughts and playability in mind.
I have the feeling that you never explored really one of your synths.
No synth will make you happy.
However, i wish you the best and that you find what you search.
Good luck.
If no synth makes me happy why do I have a ton that I love and use everyday? I actually DO make music with these things in case you haven't noticed.

Regardless of what you may or may not think of my programming skills or the work that goes into my libraries, I have a system. It works. I'm simply looking for a synth that...

1) I don't own

2) Has a decent sound

3) Has a GUI that I don't need a magnifying glass to use.

4) Is fairly popular

That's all. Not really a lot of requirements. It's not like I'm asking for a do it all modular or something like that. Even a simple VA that's got a decent sound that has a nice big GUI and sells decently well will do.

cryophonik wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Predator 2 - Didn't like the original. In additional, my other Papen synth was a very poor seller. So I'm staying away from anymore of his stuff.
Yeah, I didn't care much for Predator v1, either, and ended up selling it, but it seems to be a pretty popular synth and it's pretty straightforward to use IME. I'm not so sure that your Blue 2 bank sales is a good indicator of what sales for Predator v2 could be. Blue 2 is one of my favorite synths ever, but it seems to have more of a niche following that, in my own personal observations, seems to include people who mostly like to roll their own sounds. Not to mention that I can't even recall the number of "favorite synth" polls I've seen over the years that included Predator, but omitted Blue. Predator seems to appeal more to the masses and is obviously more well-known, but I don't create commercial preset banks, so I could be way off.
Well, this is certainly something to keep in mind before making my decision.

Just wish U-he had more synths I could buy. Those are slam dunk sure winners. Even something like ACE sells well for me.

Okay, just checked out Obscurium. Didn't realize it was a Sugar Bytes synth. My Factory/Cyclop combined library actually does okay, coming it at 19th out of my 41 libraries.

But here's my question. It appears, from reading the description, that this isn't really a synth but a sequencer with a built in synth engine. Is that correct or can you actually play this like a regular synth? Doesn't appear to be so based on what I'm reading. Though I must admit that for personal use, this looks like it could be a lot of fun.

What about the new stuff with Halion 6? Seems like a strong new direction.

It appears, from reading the description, that this isn't really a synth but a sequencer with a built in synth engine. Is that correct or can you actually play this like a regular synth?
usually i find sugarbytes stuff has a novelty value that wears off pretty quick, but obscurium is awesome. you can sequence every parameter and morph between settings as you seem to be able to in their instruments and yes, it has a built in synth but you can load any of your vsti synth into it. it has a huge potential as far as i am concerned. it's also not heavy on cpu which is always a bonus for me : )

Return to “Instruments”