What's your favorite software synth to program, and why?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No single ansver but mainly Rob Papen Blue 2 and Tone2 Saurus.(i dont yet upgraded to Saurus 2).

I guess the Korg Legacy Synths, especially since their hardware versions were such a PITA to program back in the day. Still can't believe I can easily save MonoPoly patches, lol.

atya wrote:I guess the Korg Legacy Synths, especially since their hardware versions were such a PITA to program back in the day. Still can't believe I can easily save MonoPoly patches, lol.
You made me bought Mono/Poly again now! :hihi:

I was just checking because I really love the sound of it, but I sold all my Korg account and been missing especially Mono/Poly from their soft synths. Anyway, it is for half price now and absolutely a bargain :D

If they only update the GUI damn it! :x

Harmor, surprisingly enough because of its ease of use. I actually find it frustrating to work in most other synths these days.

I studied the physics of sound in college, and what I've found is that that knowledge transfers directly to Harmor's paradigm in a way that no other synth really captures. So forget about the sound quality, power, etc -- that's all well and good. What I really like is how quickly I can work -- especially with the convenience features like the vibrato, tremolo, right-click controller modulation, etc.

That said it must be incredibly frustrating to use if stuff like "octave vs hertz" scaling sounds like gobbledy gook, and I can't blame anyone for being turned off by that.
Makin' Music Great Again 8)

justin3am wrote:
dellboy wrote: Now if you like making presets,in much the same way as a stamp collector likes collecting stamps,and have little,or no interest in actually making music,then,hey,have fun.

For me though,a sound is just for making a tune with,and strange as it seems,the Rolling stones have managed to do that with just a few guitars and a drum kit,without a single preset in sight, for nigh on 50 years.
I like to create my own patches and I do make music.
I do my own sound design because I have a kind of vision and it makes my music my music in a way that relying on other people's design is not all that likely to.

So you've created a story which you think makes you seem superior to every person that programs synths?

AFAIC, The Rolling Stones aren't usually that good of a band, with the exception of a brief period in I think the early 90s with Darryl Jones on bass. And note that I've made music with one guitar in real time many times. And it wasn't necessarily a very good guitar. So you have a completely unnecessary dichotomy in support of a straw man which serves to support a shitty disposition to everyone that's more interested IN THE TOPIC than you. Great job.

Return to “Instruments”