Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

When I open the website for purchase the 32-bit version and 64-bit version seems to be separate from each other. Does this mean I must choose either 32-bit or 64-bit? ..and if I want both I must pay $70 instead of $35?
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:When I open the website for purchase the 32-bit version and 64-bit version seems to be separate from each other. Does this mean I must choose either 32-bit or 64-bit? ..and if I want both I must pay $70 instead of $35?
No, you have access to both.

Also while you are here why not purchasing it for $11? :wink:
https://www.fathomsynth.com/memberproducts
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

babbgr, OK Done, I added links to the version update page at the top of this thread,
and also at the top of the Fathom KVR product page.
I also added inter-web page links to the update page from the download and purchase pages,
to make it more obvious.

ATN69. So far the 32 and 64 have been separate purchases.
But I was planning on doing this before and forgot,
Tomorrow I will change the web site purchase to be a single purchase
with both the 32 and 64 bit versions in a single digital download.

murnau wrote:
ATN69 wrote:When I open the website for purchase the 32-bit version and 64-bit version seems to be separate from each other. Does this mean I must choose either 32-bit or 64-bit? ..and if I want both I must pay $70 instead of $35?
No, you have access to both.

Also while you are here why not purchasing it for $11? :wink:
https://www.fathomsynth.com/memberproducts
Huh?? $11 ..where do I sign up? :D
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

FathomSynth wrote:babbgr, OK Done, I added links to the version update page at the top of this thread,
and also at the top of the Fathom KVR product page.
I also added inter-web page links to the update page from the download and purchase pages,
to make it more obvious.

ATN69. So far the 32 and 64 have been separate purchases.
But I was planning on doing this before and forgot,
Tomorrow I will change the web site purchase to be a single purchase
with both the 32 and 64 bit versions in a single digital download.
All right! Thanks for clearing this up 8)

Edit: I just purchased the 64-bit version but I would love to have the 32-bit version as well if possible :wink:

OK, Thanks so much for buying it.
Your confirmation email includes your unzip password.
Then just go to version updates page and download the 32 bit DLL.
And use the password to unzip the DLL so now you have both the 64 and 32 bit.
Last edited by FathomSynth on Tue May 23, 2017 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Okay, thanks! This plugin synth is major fun

Thanks. I'm glad to hear that.

I just changed the web site purchase download to include both the 64 and 32 bit DLL.
So now there is just one download option instead of two.

HiEnergy wrote:
FathomSynth wrote:I just tried it myself with paypal and it works fine ...
My order went through, I received the "goods" (download and software update pass code), just followed by the aforementioned mail.
Let's hope Paypal hands over the payment for my order to you as soon as possible.
Just bought this this evening and oddly I got my first ever 'pending' email from Paypal too (been using Paypal for 10+ years). How weird !

Hey, I bought it too. And the same thing happened to me so it's not a Paypal periodical inspection, it must be how everything is linked up. Of course it downloaded and everything is fine.

mcbpete wrote:
HiEnergy wrote:
FathomSynth wrote:I just tried it myself with paypal and it works fine ...
My order went through, I received the "goods" (download and software update pass code), just followed by the aforementioned mail.
Let's hope Paypal hands over the payment for my order to you as soon as possible.
Just bought this this evening and oddly I got my first ever 'pending' email from Paypal too (been using Paypal for 10+ years). How weird !
Same thing happened to me when i bought it last week lol

+1 ..same for me. I just hope the money will reach the destination, and within reasonable time.

@Murnau, thanks for giving the heads up about the kvr member offer :tu:

Hey, I am trying to figure out how to automate parameters in Reaper. Anyone have any experience with it? After I modify a parameter and click the 'Param' option it displays 'No recently touched FX parameters'. Also, when I enter the Track Envelopes for 'FATHOM Vsti' the only parameters to automate are Bypass and Wet. I know in LuSH-101 you have to manually address each parameter. I'm wondering if this is how one would do it in FATHOM somehow? Thanks

I also had some bugs going on in REAPER. I created a patch using the demo monophonic version awhile back. When I loaded it up in the full version it was there fine. I also created a new patch, and when I left the browser both of them disappeared when I returned (this happened randomly after moving about the folders for sometime). They were gone completely somehow from the directory. I checked the FATHOM SYNTH/Programs/User folder windows folder and they were shown gone there as well. Luckily, I saved a track with the patch (wasn't a big deal anyways if I lost it) and the older patch I had duplicated in the Factory folder so it was still there. I closed REAPER and came back and they didn't show, and restarted windows as well and didn't show. So for now, I'll save in the Factory preset bank.

Another thing that happened was after the patches disappeared, the Directory in FATHOM with the folders somehow "doubled" the navigation graphics. So all the folders/folders names are much darker and bolder. They also flicker white when I navigate through the folder directories. Anyone come across these issues in REAPER?

Thanks Everett and everyone so far for the help.

EDIT: After restarting windows 2-3 times, the directory folders are back to normal now. So that's good, but the old files are still gone. I made duplicates of them for both the Factory/User folders, so we'll see how it goes the next couple days.

Sorry, you can't automate parameters in Fathom from the host, only inside Fathom.

This is such a standard feature for most plugins that people just assume that its part of any plugin.
But actually the plugin must present parameters to the host when the host requests it,
and each parameter interface must be programmed.
I have not done this yet because the VST interface does not allow dynamic parameters.
Once the host starts the plugin, the parameters can not change.
But, since Fathom is fully modular all its parameters are by definition dynamic,
so there is no way to do this (easily).

This creates problems in some hosts like Reaper which try to access the parameters
anyway, and can lead to a crash.

So many people have asked for this that I am planning on creating some
high speed assignable parameters accessible in the host such as Reaper.

But it's a lot of work, for relatively small benefit, since the best granularity for host parameters
would be around 512 bytes between sample blocks, and if you are clever and can interrupt block
processing maybe 16 samples at best, while Fathom internal modulators are per every sample!

So the next releases I have to focus on higher priority features such as note velocity and
filter key tracking, mac release, and vector instruction audio processing.

But don't worry, I will be adding the host parameters soon, by popular demand.
Until then you can automate with any MIDI control signal and Fathom will see it.

And of course, if sound quality is your first priority, just use Fathom to modulate itself
since Fathom modulators are per sample!

Also, in regard to Paypal, I just checked and there were 7 orders today, so I would assume
that it's working. Wow, I get paid today, thanks so much if you purchased 1.0.5!
Last edited by FathomSynth on Tue May 23, 2017 8:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”