What is tropical house

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What is tropical house any explanations regards this will be much appreciated.

I know your gonna say youtube it but the video thing on my so called super smartphone has vainished or blocked videos.
E.g.
Have there been any tropical house hits
What other genre is it close to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropical_house

"It usually includes tropical instruments such as steel drums, marimba, or even pan flute".

Kygo:
https://youtu.be/9Sc-ir2UwGU

Pre-tropical house:

Club Tropicana by Wham!

aMUSEd wrote:Image
Good ol' opryland. (well if it's not, it was a good guess)

Kid Creole & The Coconuts ;)

House that is slower (110-120 bpm) and has tropical instruments. Music for frat bros to chill to on spring break in Cancun. Artists include Kygo, Thomas Jack, Autograf, and a bunch of imitators.

I don't listen to a lot of it, but it seems that major keys are more prevalent in tropical house compared to other styles of house.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Good god :roll: If you need to be part of that kinda genera, I don't know what to say. I'll bet that if you played me 100 examples of house (and I'm a kinda trained person) it would sound way to similar.

So, was I right, or not? Lived in Nashville/area for a few years, or it is something else? Looks so much like OL the inside.

Function Loops have invented a new genre: Trapical

Tropical House + Trap = Genuis innit? :D

Numanoid wrote:Function Loops have invented a new genre: Trapical

Tropical House + Trap = Genuis innit? :D
Genius?

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AnX wrote:Genius?
Innit?

Innit?

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”